Thursday 31 December 2015

Review: Etude House My Beauty Tool Brushes

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about some of the Etude House My Beauty Tool Brushes from the original collection. I purchased these two years ago so they're looking a little less sparkly than when I purchased them, but at least it shows that I've been using them! ^.^
This is what they looked like initially, so fluffy and smooth looking! I paid around $2-3USD for each brush two years ago, though they're now a little more expensive.

Oblique Shadow Brush
This brush is really handy for applying shadows to the outer V of the eye and blending that inwards. I found with both of the fluffy brushes that they did shed a fair bit which isn't ideal, and they also lost the silken look and feel they started with which makes them feel a little scratchy on the eyes.


Eye Contour Brush
This seems to be the most similar brush to the new and improved 310 Eye Brush Base! This brush is really good for packing colour onto the lid and blending it out gently. Again, this brush did shed and become a little scratchy over time.


Concealer Eyeliner Brush
I don't find this brush so helpful because I don't generally use gel liner or use angled brushes for concealer, but I have used it with a gel liner and it worked perfectly fine.


Oblique Line Brush
This brush has been replaced with the 351 Eyebrow Brush! This one looks so well loved because it's the brush that I used the most. I used this to fill in my brows for almost a whole year until I got another brush that just had a more convenient longer handle. It worked really well, I just preferred to have a longer handle on my brushes.
 What I Love
- Very inexpensive at $2-3USD each
- All brushes work as intended
- Quite cute, of course!


What I Don't Love
- Mini size (short handles)
- Shedding on fluffier brushes
- Fluffy brushes get scratchy


Final Thoughts
These are brilliant brushes for beginners! Since they are under $10USD a brush I personally find them quite inexpensive (even better since mine were under $3) and they are a great way of trying out what brush types you like for different applications before perhaps moving on to some of the more expensive brushes, rather than just going in blind and whipping out $40-50 per brush. I found that these brushes did their job really well, but the did get a little scratchy after washing them a few times. They'll do the job for maybe a year, but then they probably need replacing if you've used them enough.

I would definitely recommend these brushes for any Princesses that are looking for inexpensive brushes for beginners, or looking to try out some different types of brushes and don't want to waste money trying expensive brushes. :3

I hope all of my Princesses have had an amazing 2015, and I'm so excited for all of the new adventures to come in 2016! 

2 comments:

  1. Great review~! I wasn't aware that Etude House had a brush line <33

    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the most popular thing out of their products, but still nice! ^ ^

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...