Monday 7 December 2015

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Su:m37 Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Su:m37 Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick! This cleansing stick has an avid cult following and it took me a little while to source, because it had been out of stock for so long! But I finally got my little grabby hands on it and have been loving it so much that I need to now purchase a new tube!
This cleanser is so loved by the majority of people because it is a low PH cleanser. I'm not quite sure if I'm the right person to explain the importance of a low PH cleanser, but here is my simplistic understanding. 

Your skin naturally has a PH of between 4.2 and 5.6 which is slightly acidic. Using a cleanser that is basic/alkaline is said to be quite cleansing since "the alkaline molecules bind to dirt and accumulated oils you want to wash off"(1) so you get that squeaky clean feeling. The trouble is when you get that squeaky clean feeling you may be stripping your skin of too many of it's natural oils and moisture, leading to a damaged moisture barrier. I'm sure that this is definitely a very personal preference, but I find a low PH cleaner fantastic for cleansing in the morning, but prefer a slightly higher PH cleanser in the evening. I highly, highly HIGHLY recommend reading the Snow White and the Asian Pear Skincare Discovery: Why the pH of Your Cleanser Matters and the Skin&Tonics The Importance of Fatty Acids, pH & the Moisture Barrier: How I Eliminated my Acne & Decreased my Skin Sensitivity posts to understand skin PH a little better.
 Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick
It is a hypo-allergenic cleansing stick which contains fermented rose flower extracts, naturally derives skin care ingredients from the nature and enables you to massage on your skin softly.

"It’s clean cleansing without that tight, squeaky clean feel.

The good: An advanced cleanser with a delicate lather that will melt away daily impurities naturally. Contains fermented damask rose extract and more than 90% natural ingredients, eliminating dryness without leaving any residue behind. Free from artificial colors, parabens, and synthetic preservatives. Recommended for all skin types.

The really good: The convenient twist-as-you-go tube packaging makes it easy to travel with the SU:M37 Cleansing Stick. The non-liquid formula means easy cleansing on the go, from air travel to the gym.
 


Ingredients:
Glycerol, Water, Orange Peel Oil, Lime Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Green Tea Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Basil Oil, Ylang Ylang Flower Oil, Majoram Oil, Fermented Damask Rose Extract, Apricot Seed Oil, Olive OIl, Sunflower Oil, Betaine, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Camellia Oil, Tocopheral, Rose Flower Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauryl Betaine"(1)
This cleanser comes housed in an elegant tube with gold printing down the side and pretty engraving on the lid. It's plastic, so it's super portable and fantastic for travel!
The cleanser is a solid cream stick that winds up. The whole tube is filled with the cleanser so you don't have to worry about wasted space! The cleanser has little rose petals throughout which give a very very mild physical exfoliate.

I like to run the stick around my face and onto the bridge of my nose, then massage the cleanser on my face to create a little lather. I prefer to use this cleanser in the morning because it's so mild rather than at night when I need a more intense clean. I just don't feel like this cleanser cleans my skin thoroughly enough (even after double cleansing) after I've been wearing make up, which is totally ok!


What I Love
- Super gentle on the skin
- Quick and easy to use
- Beautiful packaging
- Great for travel since it's solid


What I Don't Love
- Not quite cleansing enough after make up
Final Thoughts
I really like this cleanser! It's super gentle on my skin, has beautiful packaging and is amazing for travel. I adore using this in the morning because it's mess and fuss free and leaves my skin feeling cleansed but not stripped, though I don't think it cleanses my skin thoroughly enough after I've been wearing make up. This is definitely one of my Holy Grail morning cleansers!

I would recommend this cleanser for any Princesses looking for a elegant, portable cream cleanser that has a suitable low PH level! ^.^

1 comment:

  1. I love solid cleansers. My In Your Face cleanser from Ethique lasts for ages. It's better for the environment too!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...