Sunday 6 December 2015

LUSH Christmas Favourites

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking briefly about some of my favourite LUSH Christmas products! I am a fan of LUSH bath bombs, though since I don't currently have a bath I can only talk about some of the bombs I tried out last year.

Buche de Noel
This cleansing roll is food for your face, containing lots of softening and nourishing ingredients to care for any skin type during the festive season. With Ground Almonds to gently exfoliate the skin; Dried Cranberries and Fresh Satsumas to tone and brighten; nutritious Almond Oil to soften; and Cocoa Butter to act as an emollient. Helps lock in moisture and keep skin soft . Wrapped in a sheet of Nori Seaweed, it resembles a festive Yule Log."(1)
I won't lie, this isn't one of my favourite products because I really dislike the smell. However, it is pretty much the same this as Angels on Bare Skin which is one of my Holy Grail cleansers! If you can't stand the smell of this cleanser straight out of the pot you probably won't like the warm smell in the shower, in which case I think Angels is a better option, but this is a great gentle cleanser for the holiday season!


Salt And Peppermint Bark
Inspired by the American sweet treat of peppermint bark, over half of this solid bar is made of salt, for some serious seasonal scrubbing. Cocoa butter and capuacu butter will soften the skin whilst its pepperminty fragrance uplifts and helps clear the mind during the festive frenzy."(2)


This is a new release for the 2015 Christmas edition and it is wonderful! It smells like sweet mint and scrubs my skin so well, though I would be cautious if you have sensitive skin since the peppermint in this scrub is quite intense! I would also recommend picking up the body butter tin to store this scrub in. This would be a perfect gift for anyone that likes the scent of sweet mint!


Fairy Dust Dusting Powder
All you need is lustre, trust and a little Fairy Dust. Sprinkle this sweet, sparkling pink dust over skin to stay fresh for great big adventures. For dreams that take you past the second star to the right and straight on ‘till morning, you can use it to candy-coat bedsheets too."(3)

This glittery dusting powder is super cute and smells like Snow Fairy/Cotton Candy. It leaves my skin feeling super soft and looking gorgeous and shimmery! I adore the cotton candy scent, but it is quite strong and sugary so you would really have to like the smell to use this!


Santa Baby Lip Tint
A Christmassy red lip tint made with cherries and dates for sweet, kissable lips. Made with Fair Trade shea butter and nourishing carrot oil to soften and moisturise, and a cinammon-sweet, cola-flavoured taste of Christmas, Santa will be hurrying down the chimney tonight."(4)


This lip tint is surprisingly great quality but also quite irritating to use. It is stored in a pot which means you either have to apply the bright red tint with your fingers or a lip brush which makes touch ups a little difficult. This tint stains the lips really well which means that it lasts well through eating and drinking (even through an 8 hour shift at work with three coffees!) but since it stains the lips it also stains the fingers when applying it which isn't ideal. It smells amazing, and looks great on my lips, I definitely recommend this tint!

 Santa's Lip Scrub
Prime your pout with this moisturing cola-flavoured lip scrub that leaves your lips buffed and ready for Santa Baby – or any other Lush lip tint or balm. Caster sugar, dates and cherries scrub and soften, giving them a taste of Christmas. Dab a little on and buff, licking off the excess."(5)

This cola flavoured lip scrub is absolutely amazing and scrubs my lips gently but thoroughly. This is such a festive product and makes for an amazing stocking stuffer at $12NZD!


Rose Jam
Inspired by our love for roses and the benefits of nourishing Argan Oil, this shower gel is as decadent as it gets! Skin brightening Goji Berry Juice and Sicilian Lemon give your skin a boost, while Rose Oil and Rose Absolute leave it soothed, softened and beautifully fragranced. A luxuroius way to start each day."(6)

Rose Jam is a gorgeous shower gel which smells like roses! It lathers really well and makes the shower smell so good, though this shower gel is less sweet smelling than Snow Fairy for those Princesses that don't like smelling like sugar.


Snow Fairy
No bathroom would be complete without a bottle of Lush's fruity, sugary and sparkly Snow Fairy shower gel. Candyfloss pink and with a sweet, magical scent of soothing and comforting vanilla, the flecks of blue glitter leave you shimmering.  Wash your hair and body with this sparkling seasonal must-have."(7)

Snow Fairy is without a doubt my favourite Christmas product! It smells super sweet and candy-like, it does have shimmer in the formula though I feel like it washes off in the shower or if you towel dry because I've never gotten out of the shower and still looked glittery! This is a perfect gift for any Princesses that love pink and sweet smells, it's a cult favourite for a reason!


Dashing Santa
Make a dash for this moving Santa bath bomb with a cheerful and uplifting scent of satsumas at Christmas. His fast, fizzing golden boots will have him dashing around your bath filling it with citrus essential oils and the scent of satsumas this Christmas. Toning Mandarin, Bergamot and Orange Flower to boot will leave you feeling cheerful and uplifted."(8)
Dashing Santa is an ultra cute bath bomb, but sadly mine didn't spin around very much at all when I used it last year. I do remember it smelling amazing and being really cheerful to use so if I had a tub I would definitely purchase this one again!


Golden Wonder
Drop this gold dusted gift into a warm bath and watch in wonder as golden stars burst out, dissolving in the water before your very eyes, turning the bath water a vibrant blue. The champagne-like fragrance of sweet orange oil, cognac oil and lime oil will uplift your spirits."(9)

Golden Wonder is another super fun bath bomb, it's almost explosive in the bath because it fizzes so quickly and it's just so much fun! It smells amazing and it turns the bathwater electric blue, it's also quite large so it looks like it's value for money.  


Magic Wand
Snow fairies of all ages will love this re-usable bubble bar that lasts for up to ten bubble baths. Swish it around in the water for a softening, vanilla scented soak and a mound of candy bubbles. Then pop it on the side for use another time, just like magic! Don’t forget to make a wish."(10)

Magic Wand is such a fun idea, but in reality you need to keep it quite dry otherwise it will melt a little and stain the benches pink (speaking from experience!). It's an awesome idea if you like the smell of cotton candy and tend to have short baths, because I feel like it's wasteful using an entire $15 bath bomb for a 10minute soak, but with this magic wand you can swish it around a couple of times and BAM. Instant cheap cotton candy bubbles.


Snow Angel
This spectacular bath time addition offers the fizz of our bath bombs and smoothness of our bath melts. The golden layer slowly melts away leaving a sparkly trail of P.E.T free Lustre giving you a golden glow, all while the Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter leaves your skin feeling moisturised. Complete with the fragrance of Rose Absolute to create a comforting smell to put you in the mood for winter."(11)

Again, I adore the scent of this bath melt and I think this is probably the most moisturising bath melt that I've tried from LUSH, mostly I think due to the size of this product. The only downside I found from this bath melt is that it is SO glittery. I was glittery for a solid week and my tub never fully recovered from the glitter herpes.


Snowcake
A LUSH classic and bestseller, a slice of Snowcake smells just like the irresistible almond marzipan on the Christmas cake. Lather up with gorgeous Rose Absolute, that soothes dry, cracked winter skin and berry scented Cassie Absolute. Your skin will be left softened and beautifully scented."(12)

Snowcake smells amazing and is really moisturising! It looks gorgeous with a golden layer on the top of a white layer and is basically just a really great soap. I personally dislike the squeaky clean feeling it leaves on my body so I prefer to use this as a hand soap instead!


I hope you Princesses enjoyed reading a little about my favourite LUSH Christmas products, and I hope that it perhaps helped you to find presents for your loved ones! This is not sponsored at all, I just really like the LUSH Christmas range! ^.^

2 comments:

  1. My favourite festive Lush products are Snow Fairy (of course) and the Glogg shower gel (not sure if they are releasing that this year or not). I love their bombs but unfortunately can't use them too often because even the ones that are marketed as being moisturising/for sensitive skin are way too drying. I guess it's all that fragrance in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Snow Fairy!! I have never tried Glogg, or even seen it I think! It's true, the fragrances can be so drying, I definitely favour the bath melts over the bombs.

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...