Monday 14 December 2015

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Holika Holika Magic Pole Mascara, Skinfood My Short Cake Setting Mascara, The Body Shop Skinny Thin Felt Tip Eyeliner

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about three fail eye products that I found at the same time! I decided to pop these into one post as they aren't really long enough or interesting enough to warrant their own Fail or Holy Grail post!

Holika Holika Magic Pole Mascara: Long and Curl

"Waterproof Mascara with magical power. A specially designed Memory Curl Polymer makes curling eyelashes all day long. Mild Mascara for Anyone with sensitive eyes or with concerns painful eyes. A non-smudge, just gentle cleansing also involving exfoliation. Use warm water only.Contents
Magical Volume Powder :
It can help extreme voluming abundant to the roots of the eyelashes from outside to inside.

Options
#03 Volume & Curl (Waterproof), #04 Long & Curl (Waterproof)

How to use
Lift eyelashed up with Magic stick the eyelashes individual.
Spread eyelashes with magic ball."(1)
I adore the packaging of this mascara, it's sturdy, cute and I just love the little dome on the top!
However, I do not adore the mascara wand. It's almost bald, only having three stripes of spikes running down the entire wand with a ball tip that has no spikes on the tip. I find it really difficult to use, and poked myself in the eyeball all three times that I used it. Getting waterproof mascara off your contacts isn't a walk in the park!
I find that it makes my lashes look long, but quite spidery. The fail part of this
 mascara is absolutely the wand, I just can't stand it at all!


Skinfood My Short Cake Setting Mascara
"It coats every inch of eyelashes without smudging to provide amazing curls and rich eyelashes at the same time. *How to Use- Use the Eyelash Up Gold (eyelash curler) to curl your eyelashes, and use the product for more dramatic eyelash makeup. -Gently lift your eyelids with your fingers and intensively apply on the roots. Lightly shake the brush upwards to brush your eyelashes." (2)
This mascara makes my eyelashes look gorgeous! They're nicely separated and voluminous.
BUT, it's sticky. If I sneeze or just blink forcefully, my lashes stick together in the grossest way. You can see in the above photo that it looks like it hasn't dried properly, which I think it accurate. No matter how long I leave the mascara on my eye, or how long I leave the wand out of the bottle, this mascara will not dry down. I don't understand why it won't, but it smudges and sticks and I hate it.


The Body Shop Skinny Thin Felt Eyeliner
"With a fine felt tip to leave you primed for precision. The thinner the line the more natural the look, but this multitalented master can be built up to achieve anything from a bold statement, to intricate artwork.
• Easy to apply and get in close to the lash line

• Fast drying

• Smudge proof

• Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers"(3)
This liner has a thin felt tip, but it's quite a dry felt tip. By that I mean that just using the thin tip will not give you enough ink to create a thin line. You can apply a bit of pressure to the tip to push the ink out, but this gives a wider line. It doesn't create thin lines after the first five times that I used it, I store it tip down and I've never had a liner go so dry so quickly!
I definitely regret purchasing this liner, it just doesn't work for thin lines, how dry does that wing look!?

I hope you enjoyed this Fail Eye Products Post, did you try any of these products too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...