Wednesday 2 December 2015

Review: Etude House Color My Brows 1: Rich Brown

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House Color My Brows in the shade 1: Rich Brown! I've previously reviewed the Benefit Gimme Brow which I adore, and I'm going to compare them at the end of the review!
I picked this product up from Beautynetkorea for about $5USD which is a bargain in comparison to the Benefit version. It comes packaged in a little booklet type of thing with a small section of English instructions which is nice for people like me who desperately struggle reading Korean.
"What it is
A mascara only for eyebrow to keep its layer neat and give natural but urbane colors.


What it does
- Hide dark & black brow: Providing natural and clear brow colors by hiding its own dark color.
- Easy & Quick brow coloring: Quickly dried to make brow layer and color fixed even while re-applying.
- Brow care: Allantoin, Beeswax, Carnauba wax provide nutrition and moisture on skin and brow.


Detail
#1 Rich Brown: For dark hair such as black or dark brown
#2 Light Brown: For bright hair such as blondie light brown
#3 Red Brown: For red-ish hair such as wine, red brown
#4 Natural Brown: For bright hair such as natural brown
#5 Blondie Brown: For very bright hair such as gold, blondie brown


How to apply
- Lightly touch eyebrow in the opposite direction of eyebrow to layer color.
- Comb towards eyebrow layer to make them neat. Make brow head's layer to stand.


Beauty Tip
- In case of lack of eyebrow hair, use eyebrow pencil to make eyebrow line first and use Color My Brow: It makes naturally clear eyebrow."(1)

The packaging is very plain but functional. It has quite a large wand which tends to get a bit of goop on the tip. I find it best to quickly wipe this off before using otherwise I get a goop of product in my brow. Not cute!

The shade is a little more warm toned than I would prefer, though this is the darkest and coolest shade in the range! It definitely lightens my brows a little too.
I works quite well to tame my brow hairs and also colour them! It is a shame that I don't love the colour because the value for money is amazing for this. The other downside is that this smudges so badly on my brows! I didn't even realise that I'd smudged them this time which is a really bad thing when you're out and about!

I really wanted to compare the Etude House Color My Brows with the Benefit Gimme Brow! The Etude House is so much better value for money costing around $5USD/$7NZD for 4.5g while the Benefit costs $24USD/$45NZD for 3.0g, OUCH.
The Etude House is a little larger in packaging and also contains 1.5g more product. The wand is much bigger than the Benefit, though it's not bigger than my brows so I don't find it difficult to use.
They have the same effect on my brows and are both just as easy to apply. The biggest difference for me is the colour. I have the darkest shade of both and the difference really is that the Etude House is a rich warm brown, while the Benefit is a cool grey brown. I find that the Benefit looks better on my brows as a colour, but the Etude House is just so much more affordable!
As you can see, my eyebrows are vastly different shapes >< Which is why they look a little ratty right now, they're being grown out to be shaped! I can definitely see a colour difference between the two brands on my brows, but the Benefit brow just looks so much more groomed than the Etude House.

What I Love
- Super inexpensive
- Fair shade range
- Really easy to use


What I Don't Love
- I wish it was cool toned
- Smudges


Final Thoughts
Although I quite like the Etude House Color My Brows, I'm not 100% sure if it's a dupe for the Benefit Gimme Brow. I really wish that the colours included a cooler tone, there are a few blondes and red browns, but no cool or grey brown which makes me a little sad. That being said, it works really really well and it's so inexpensive, the only things that dislike about this product is that it's not the ideal colour and it smudges.

I would definitely recommend the Etude House Color My Brows for any Princesses looking for a super easy, inexpensive brow mascara. ^.^

5 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by the reddish brown shade - I've currently got bright red hair but red eyebrows to match looks a bit too startling for me! So I might pick up this product to see if it is the kind of colour that I'm looking for (a brownish red colour, just to look more natural).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh they have another red shade you could try! They're so different to the regular Western colours!

      Delete
  2. The brown color looks good on you too :) it depends on what you prefer. A really cheap product and good performance, only the bristle is so big compared to the benefit

    Beautish.byMaya


    ReplyDelete
  3. You might like the NYX brow mascara in espresso. It's got a small wand and is just as accessible as Etude House (online boutiques). It's a rich dark brown but not red at all. I've worn it on hot days and so far no smudging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's a really good suggestion, thank you so much! ^ ^

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...