Wednesday 14 January 2015

Review - Benefit Matterial Girl

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about a super cute product that I picked up a little (long) time ago! My product photos died with my desktop computer so I've borrowed the product photos from Benefit's official website! ^.^
This transparent powder is designed to to keep your skin matte (which is why it's called Matterial Girl!). The packaging is insanely cute with little pink bows around the jar, and the powder housed inside it is a light beige colour that turns transparent on the skin.
This powder makes my skin very matte initially, but after about 4 hours I will start to get quite shiny! My skin can very much be hit and miss with certain products, and this powder didn't keep me as matte as my ultra cheap Skinfood Peach Sake Powder (which has been going strong for like two years now) and is substantially more expensive. It also didn't matter what base I wore this powder with, it just always made me very oily and shiny. It's truly transparent so it doesn't add any extra colour to the skin which makes it a great product for all different skin tones as long as you don't tend to get too oily!
 Ew.

What I Love
- Cute packaging
- Transparent for all skin tones


What I Don't Love
- Doesn't help my skin stay matte
- On the expensive side ($50NZD)
 Final Thoughts
The packaging is adorable, but the product just doesn't work for my skin which is totally ok! I ended up passing the product on to someone who will hopefully love it more than me. This powder would probably be very good if you have more of a normal to slightly oily skin type. This was a little bit boring of a review I think, sorry guys!
Have you ever paid a lot of money on a product to be very disappointed?

2 comments:

  1. Benefit always comes out with the cutest packaging and names! The brand reminds me of the Korean brand, Etude House. I'm glad that you were able to give the powder to a friend instead! Great post!


    Mischa

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah~ Benefit. I still don't understand when my bestie bagged the USD30 eyeliner. and mascara. and the blusher. I haven't really on board with high-end products cause I definitely can't afford to buy them.
    I heard the Porefessional is really a hit product.
    Anyway, thanks for sharing! I'm all about mattifying powders so would love to tr this at Sephora later.
    Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...