Friday 16 January 2015

First Impression - Estēe Lauder Clear Difference Advanced Blemish Serum

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Estēe Lauder Clear Difference Blemish Serum! I was recommended this product when I asked the Estēe Lauder counter assistants about the Estēe Lauder night cream.
What Is It?

Finally, a grown-up solution to blemishes. This fast-acting serum reveals clearer, smoother, fresher skin. Targets, treats and dramatically reduces the look of blemishes. Helps prevent new ones from forming and stop the breakout cycle.

86% of women said their skin looked clearer and healthier in just 1 week.
Suitable for all ethnicities.

The Clear Difference Anti-Blemish Collection: See the dramatic change in how your skin looks and feels with our Triple Action Clarity Technology. With the proven power of salicylic acid, it helps stop the breakout cycle, free skin of flakiness, control oil and refine pores. 

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 0.5% Inactive Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, PPG-14 Butyl Ether, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sucrose, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Steareth-21, Glycine, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Laminaria, Saccharina Extract, Caffeine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isohexadecane, Steareth-2, Algae Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 80, Quaternium-22, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Pentylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum) Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Benzalkonium, Green 5, Yellow 5.(1)
The serum has a misty white colour and is quite thin and runny. It has a light almost lemon-y scent which dissipates quickly when absorbed into the skin. It feels quite smooth and almost like silicone when I apply it to my skin and leaves my skin looking matte and feeling moisturized. The lemon or citrus scent comes from the ingredient Limonene which is present in this serum which is a known irritant to skin, so if you have sensitive skin this may not be great for you!

This product is targeted for anyone with blemishes on their skin and claims to  be fast acting, however I felt like this did absolutely nothing to my blemished skin other than making it feel moisturized and look matte. This is potentially because the serum doesn't actually contain that much Salicylic Acid (only 0.5%) which is the active ingredient in the Serum, and my skin needs a little more oomph to banish blemishes.


Would I Purchase This Product?
No. It's incredibly expensive in New Zealand ($120 for 1.7oz) and it doesn't help my blemishes at all. I used the whole mini bottle (.24oz) and I saw absolutely no difference to my skin. I'm not sure if it's because there isn't quite enough Salicylic Acid in the product to combat my acne or just that the formula didn't work for me, but it's an awful lot of money to spend on a product that just makes my skin look soft and matte.

Have you tried this product before? How was your experience?

5 comments:

  1. Great review! I never find these kinds of acne or oil controlling products any good. If anything it makes my skin even worse. It's so frustrating!

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salicyclic Aci (BHA) is a really good active for acne but 0,5% is way too low to be doing anything effectively,1% usually is the smallest concentration, 2% the most common for treatments. Also, it really depends on the ph-level of this prouct; BHAs need a ph lower of 4 to actually do anything but a lot of products are formulated to high to work :( It also depends how you use it as these kind of chemical exfoliators only work in specific circumstances - sorry to ramble here so much, I just had no idea myself some months ago and was wondering why my products never really did anything for me, acne can be so frustrating! I personally would recommend the brand COSRX and their BHA formula, they specialize in using as little ingredients as possible. I have a review coming for their A-Sol and so far its the only product that has had a visible impact on my acne! Still struggling of course but at least not as bad as it was before :) Thanks for your always helpful reviews!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay solid logic behind my disapproval of this product! ^.^ Feel free to ramble away, I love big explanations like this because I usually learn something!

      Delete
  3. I was looking forward to a positive review on this serum. It's a pity to hear that it didn't work on your blemishes :S Thank you for this informative review! Now I decided not to purchase this item :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reviewing ! This is a really expensive product its a shame it didnt works wonders :(
    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...