Sunday 25 January 2015

Fail Products - Olay Regenerist Specialty Cleanser

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Olay Regenerist Specialty Cleanser! This mechanical cleansing brush is said to be a much more affordable version of the infamous Clarisonic cleansers (which I have not yet trialled!) so why is it in my Fail Products review list?
I purchased this product at the start of 2014 with the intention to use it after I had finished my course of acne medication for a fair review. I (of course) then forgot all about it for a little while since I stashed it away so successfully, and only rediscovered it in October. This set cost me $40NZD when I first purchased it, although I think you can purchase these a lot cheaper now.
The set comes with a brush head, cleansing system, trail tube of cleanser and two disposable batteries. This isn't rechargeable like the Clarisonic is supposed to be, which makes it a little less environmentally friendly.
It's a good size for my small hands and has two pressable buttons. The top button is the power button to turn the device on and off, the lower is to slow the speed of brush rotation.
The brush head rotates like so. I realize that you can't really take much from this photo, but it's here anyway!

So why is this a fail product? Simply because it didn't do anything for my skin that my regular The Body Shop cleansing cloth ($8NZD) doesn't do. In fact, it feels worse for my skin than the cleansing cloth does because it really tugs at my skin, as in I can visually see my skin being tugged and it feels like I'm sandpapering my face. Having said that, I used this brush twice a week for a month and I saw neither positive nor negative results.

What I Love
- Inexpensive (in comparison to the Clarisonic)
- No negative impact on skin
- Easy to use


What I Don't Love
- Not environmentally friendly with disposable batteries
- No positive impact on skin
- Tugs skin excessively, potentially causing loss of skin elasticity (theory only)


Final Thoughts
I really disliked using this cleansing brush, it tugged at my skin and felt really rough and wrong to use. I haven't actually seen many negative reviews on this product so it could be that my skin is too sensitive, or that it just doesn't really work for me. It's a well priced product, so if it works for you then that's great! ^.^

Have you tried this product? Did it work well for you, or like me was it a complete failure?

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it's not a product for those with sensitive skin like yours :) My skin isn't super sensitive, but it is a little and I like using this brush because it makes my face feel a lot smoother and it really buffs out the dry patches on my cheeks.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...