Sunday 11 October 2015

Review: Maple Holistics

(Sponsored)
Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about some Haircare from Maple Holistics! Maple Holistics reached out to me and offered to send me some products to try out on my super dry, coloured, dandruff ridden hair!
Maple Holistics has one goal in mind: to provide a natural, holistic range of premium products which can enhance hygiene, health and daily living.

The formulaic composition of each product stands out in uniqueness, quality, and effectiveness. Only the purest and highest quality ingredients are used in each product, maximizing the therapeutic potential for each specific area of health. Some of the products offered include therapeutic shampoos, facial masks, bath soaks and more. Our expert Research and Development team is constantly engaged in creating new products. Most importantly, customer satisfaction is our number one concern. When you’re happy, we’re happy.

Maple Holistics chose a colour safe dandruff shampoo and a silk conditioner for me to try. These are fantastic options and are definitely what I would have chosen on my own because they suit every aspect of my hair.


Color Safe Dandruff Shampoo for Color Treated Hair
"One of Maple Holistics most original and best-selling formulas, Sage Shampoo can help eliminate dandruff in an easy and natural way. No longer do those with moderate-to-heavy dandruff plaguing the scalp area have to suffer the embarrassment and inconvenience that comes along with ‘dandruff dust shoulders’ – guaranteed.

Sage: Safely formulated and the spearhead of the formula, Sage is a natural astringent and plays a vital role in reducing dermatitis. It helps reduce dandruff and prevents clogged hair follicles. Sage also helps combat hair loss and baldness, as well as adds shine and luster to the hair.

Rosemary ct. Verbenone: Rosemary has an excellent reputation for scalp and hair care. Rosemary ct. Verbenone contains less camphor and is safer to use in topical applications. Rich in verbenone, this ingredient can stimulate renewal of the hair follicles, while promoting improved circulation. It releases a herbaceous aroma preferred by many.

Spikenard: Spikenard is an aromatic herb native to the mountainous regions of India, China, and Japan. This exotic addition works to restore pigmentation and contains exclusive natural properties to combat dandruff.

Tea Tree: Tea tree has been used as the go-to dandruff cure for ages. It contains over 98 all-natural compounds to combat dandruff. It has terpenoids, such as terpinen-4-ol, viridiflorol, eucalpyptol, nerolidol, and cineole, which are responsible for its antimicrobial properties. It works together with Rosemary ct. Verbenone to help clear out dead cells for healthier cell renewal.

Jojoba and Peach Kernel: Great for moisturizing sensitive scalps. These also help maintain hair volume, an essential component to preserving hair color. The antibacterial properties of jojoba help soothe the scalp and treat dandruff.

Botanical Keratin: Hair nutrient deficiencies can sometimes stem from lack of keratin, which this natural ingredient generously replenishes.

Stop dandruff now. Try our Sage Shampoo to improve your scalp’s health."(1)

I have bleached hair (though it has almost a whole year of growth to it now) and dandruff. I don't usually have dandruff, but since being on acne medication which makes everything on my body dry (dry eyeballs and lips are the worst!) my scalp has gotten super dry too. My Dermatologist recommended washing my hair less regularly to combat the dry scalp, and I find that I only need to wash it once a week.
This shampoo is colourless and has a regular shampoo texture. It smells heavily of Tea Tree which I quite like, it's really refreshing in the shower! It lathers quickly and I don't need to use too much to thoroughly clean my scalp (I don't use this on the ends of my hair at all).

I have previously been using the standard Head and Shoulders shampoo to combat this new dandruff problem and I find both shampoo's quite similar in all honesty. I find that this shampoo doesn't keep my hair as oil free as the Head and Shoulders does, which means that it's probably not quite as stripping, though it does leave my hair feeling squeaky clean and a little knotty after using. It's good, but not substantially better than my current Head and Shoulders.


Silk18 Natural Hair Conditioner with Shea Butter & Jojoba Oil
"Silk Amino Acids: Eighteen naturally-derived (literally extracted during the silkworms process of creating silk) silk amino acids prompts an assortment of hair and scalp benefits. Some of these benefits include strengthened hair fibers and natural restoration for flawless hair health. In addition, the high molecular weight of the silk amino acids results in the formation of a substantive film to increase scalp permeability. Includes L-Alanine, Glycine, L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Threonine, and more.

Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, and Green Tea: These helpful ingredients are fast-absorbing and commit moisturizing qualities to dry and delicate hair strands. Shea butter, in particular, contains vitamins A and E, making it an excellent natural moisturizer for the hair. It locks in moisture without leaving the hair greasy or heavy. The gel-like substance of aloe vera, on the other hand, makes it a great conditioning agent as well. It has a similar composition to keratin (the natural protein in the hair), which allows it to easily penetrate the entire length of the hair shaft. Green tea contains epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which strengthens hair roots, activates hair follicles and promotes hair growth.

Pomegranate, Hibiscus and Sea Buckthorn: Certified blend assists in repairing damaged hair follicles to revitalize healthy, flowing hair. Pomegranate contains ellagic acid, which prevents the moisture in the hair from drying out. Hibiscus (“the flower of hair care”) helps prevent dryness, dullness, and hair damage. It also prevents problems like dandruff, split ends, and premature graying. Sea buckthorn, on the other hand, contains high levels of Omega 3, 6, 7, and 9, as well as vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K that promote healthy skin and hair.

Argan and Jojoba: These two essential components help provide relief by moisturizing sensitive scalps. These also help maintain hair volume, an essential component to preserving hair color. Argan, in particular, is proven to make hair softer, shinier, silkier, and softer. It also tames frizzy hair and treats split ends. Jojoba keeps the scalp moist and stimulates hair growth.

Botanical Keratin: By definition, keratin is a family of fibrous structural proteins, which contribute to the composition of hair. Essential at every level, weak quantities of keratin can be the cause of frizzy and unmanageable hair. This naturally derived ingredient helps replenishes ideal keratin content for strong, durable hair.

Vanilla: Light and sweet, 100% natural vanilla undertones mildly sweeten the formula for an overall delightful and refreshing conditioning experience."(2)


This conditioner has an amazing scent, it's a very warm vanilla smell, it's totally delicious!
This conditioner has a thin almost gel like texture and is easy to distribute throughout my hair. I chose to condition half of my hair with the Silk18 Conditioner, and the other half with my regular Argan Oil Conditioner to see what the difference was over a month. After the first wash out there was no difference to be felt, but the Silk18 side looked curlier (my hair is naturally wavy in parts, this is how it looks air dried), however after the second wash I started to notice that the Silk18 was definitely making my hair appear curlier, but also that it was making it a TON knottier. I was waking up with massive matted knots in my hair if I didn't sleep with it in a braid and a lot of hair was falling out from trying to brush the knots out.


What I Love
- Inexpensive hair care
- Conditioner smells amazing
- Shampoo works well
- Conditioner makes my hair curlier


What I Don't Love
- Shampoo isn't better than my current Head and Shoulders
- Conditioner makes my hair substantially knottier


Final Thoughts
Although I think both the Shampoo and Conditioner are quite good products, they are not quite perfect for my hair. The Shampoo is quite nice, though I don't find it substantially better than my current Head and Shoulders shampoo and I don't feel the need to replace that shampoo. The Conditioner smells absolutely amazing and makes my hair look gorgeous and curly, but it also makes my hair really knotty which means I'm yanking out more hair than I want to unless I wear it in a braid all the time which is dumb because my hair is heavy.

I would absolutely recommend the Conditioner to any Princesses who are looking for a conditioner to make their wavy or curly hair curlier, and the Shampoo for and Princesses wanting a super refreshing Shampoo that helps with dandruff and doesn't fade their coloured hair!


Thank you so much to Maple Holistics for sending these products for review, and edumuch.com for sponsoring the blogger connection! ^.^

3 comments:

  1. A scarf always knots my hair, but this conditioner gave me massive dreadlock knots! I'm not sure why, but it wasn't too nice :C I'm glad I'm not the only one that had this experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair loss solutions do not need to take medication, because it would also be bad for our bodies. http://goo.gl/TJ6HfO

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're looking for an excellent contextual ad network, I suggest you check out PropellerAds.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...