Friday 30 October 2015

First Impression: A·TRUE Black Tea All Day Aqua Sun Gel

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the A·TRUE Black Tea All Day Aqua Sun Gel! I had one little tester sachet of this Sun Gel, but I was really interested in trying it because I haven't really seen any bloggers talking about this brands skincare. I really liked their CC Cushion, but will I like their skincare?
 What Does It Do?
"A·TRUE only uses Black Tea Water. It is based on ‘Compagnie Coloniale’s' premium black tea. Extracting Compagnie Coloniale’s' finest black tea provides its own natural living energy which is transferred to the skin. Polyphenols from anti-oxidant activity, vitamins and minerals can be obtained from the extracted Black Tea Water helping in recoveries to the skin’s original functions.

Compagnie Coloniale® is the represented black tea from the oldest French tea brands. It brings large assortments of unique blends such as Keemun tea from China, Darjeeling tea from India, and Ceylon tea from Sri Lanka, which specially come with added rose petals.


Benefits
The daily sun gel helps refresh your skin, giving it a more radian look. Simultaneously, it will protect you from any harmful UVA or UVBs. Other types of environmental damage such as dryness and hot temperatures are also acted against. The gel type texture leaves the skin feeling light and fresh whilst softly absorbing without leaving you any feeling of stickiness.

Ingredients
*CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF WATER, WATER(12500mg), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, ALCOHOL, ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE, ISOAMYL P-METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, NIACINAMIDE, DIETHYLAMINO HYDROXYBENZOYL HEXYL BENZOATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, PORTULACA OLERACEA EXTRACT,**CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT(148mg),**CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) PEEL EXTRACT(1.67mg),**CINNAMOMUM CASSIA BARK EXTRACT(5.025mg), SILICA, TRIETHANOLAMINE, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, CARBOMER, CETETH-10, ADENOSINE, PANTHENOL, FRAGRANCE"(1)

This sun gel has a really interesting texture, it almost looks and feels like it separates between a gel and an oil which is really odd! It initially smells very alcoholic, though this smell dissipates quickly when absorbed into the skin and leaves a powdery floral scent. It absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves my skin feeling quite soft and a little sticky for about 20mins. This doesn't really hydrate my skin because my skin feels dry after 30minutes or when the sticky soft feeling wears off. It doesn't appear to make my skin look any more radiant than it normally does.


Would I Purchase This Product?
Probably not, this sun gel retails for around $35USD and although there is nothing really wrong with it, I just don't like it as much as I like other sunscreens that are much cheaper. I wish I tried this sun gel out during the summer since my winter skin is dry (and my acne medication makes it even drier) so if I saw it on super sale I would grab it to try again, but only then.

I would recommend this Sun Gel for any Princesses that have oily skin, because I think that it will work so much better on oily skin than it does on dry skin! ^.^

6 comments:

  1. Does this product have a certified SPF rating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what you mean by certified? It says SPF30 on the packaging!

      Delete
  2. In NZ there is a voluntary standard (AS/NZS 2604) that companies can choose to meet, which guarantees that the SPF claim in their sunblock product is accurate. But it’s only voluntary: sunscreen companies don’t actually have to answer to anyone about their SPF content. Sunblock is actually classed as a cosmetic in NZ, which is why the laws surrounding it are so loose. Consumer NZ did a test of 12 sunscreens last year, and 8 failed their SPF or broad-spectrum protection tests! Products from the EU and US are allowed to be sold in NZ without any kind of external NZ-based testing to see if they actually have the SPF that they advertise. I’m not sure what the EU’s laws are on this (since this product is from France), but it’s worth being aware of.

    I only use sunscreen from the Cancer Society because of this, because I’ve had a bad experience with a sunblock (bought from the pharmacy!) that actually acted like tanning oil and gave me a horrific burn! So I’m quite paranoid about it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I'm not 100% sure if I can answer that accurately! ATrue is a Korean brand and they are usually pretty hardcore with their sun protection since fair skin is so highly valued in their country. I believe that Asian sunscreens use a different rating for sun protection which is the PA++/PA+++ rating while sunscreens sold in USA have to be FDA approved.

      Delete
    2. Nope, just "Heritage" from France ;)

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...