Thursday 20 July 2017

Review: Peripera Airy Ink Velvet

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Peripera Airy Ink Velvet range! I've previously tried the Peripera Ink the Velvet (SS17 range) which I really loved, so when I saw that they had come out with a lightweight version of the Velvet line I had to try them!
This lip tint glides on smoothly, offering vivid color and a soft, velvety texture to your lips. The enriched formula keeps your lips moist and glossy without feeling sticky.
These tints come in the same packaging as the regular version, but the outer plastic is frosted which makes them a little more unique. It's pretty easy to tell the colour of the tint from the outer packaging too which is great.
They have really lovely doe foot applicators, and these applicators actually have a small hole in the center to help with the sheerer application. You can't see this when they're covered in tint though. The wands are a little difficult to hold because the tops are quite small, I tend to drop them quite a lot!
There are 5 shades in the collection so far but I'm sure they will add more! There are some classic K-Beauty colours, though I really love the addition of the bright pink!



Heart Grapefruit
Heart Grapefruit is a bright orange based red. This shade is very similar to the other red shade in the collection.
These tints are super pigmented for the most part but have a super thin texture. They also have a very weird feeling on the lips, it almost feels like glycerin or silicone, that same slippery smooth feeling. This means that they're pretty good on dry lips and seem to smooth over most dry patches, though in the lighter shades it can cling. Heart Grapefruit is beautiful on my skintone and really is a beautiful classic orange based red.


Pretty Orange Pink
Pretty Orange Pink is a pretty peach shade. This shade is on the sheerer side, and does tend to cling to dry patches on my lips.
This shade is actually the most disappointing for me, it's just a little boring! It is a pretty colour for me, but it's not one that is super flattering on my dry lips and it's just not one that I reach for in comparison to the other more exciting shades!
Sold Out Red
Sold Out Red is a classic blue toned red.
This is another classic red shade, this time it is blue based rather than orange based. Again, this shade suits me nicely and it looks really pretty. I actually prefer this to Heart Grapefruit because the blue tones make my teeth look a little whiter! These tints do not dry down to be smudge proof, but they do stain my lips and last throughout the day quite nicely. The tend to build up around the inside of my lip line, but this isn't a big deal for me.
Beautiful Coral Pink
Beautiful Coral Pink is definitely not a coral, but a bright strawberry pink!
This is my second favourite shade and I really love it! I reach for this shade quite a lot, especially if I'm going for more of a statement lip rather than a neutral. I tend to gravitate towards pinks more than any other colour of lip products so it really isn't a surprise to me that I love this shade. Since the formula of these tints are quite sheer (though still really pigmented) it can be a little difficult to get a crisp line for the cupids bow, but this aspect makes it really easy to create a cute lip gradient!
Elf Light Rose
Elf Light Rose is a beautiful rose shade. This shade is a My Lips But Better shade for me!
This is my favourite shade in the collection and the one I reach for most. It looks beautiful with a full face of make up or with just a tinted moisturizer and mascara which makes it the most versatile out of the range. It looks really flattering on my lips though when you look closely you can see some texture and dry skin, it's not apparent at all from a normal distance. It reminds me a lot of Charming Coral from the regular velvet range, but slightly dustier of a pink.
Overall I think this collection is really pretty, I like all the colours in the range though Heart Grapefruit and Sold Out Red are very similar on my skin tone, at least they are classic colours. Elf Light Rose is definitely my favourite followed closely by Beautiful Coral Pink, and Pretty Orange Pink is my least favourite because it just looks a little average. I don't hate Pretty Orange Pink and I still think it looks cute, it's just not as beautiful as the other shades!
What I Love
- Inexpensive at around $6/7USD each
- Cute, mostly functional packaging
- Most shades are beautifully pigmented
- Super thin texture, really good for dry lips
- Easy to create a full lip or gradient lip look
- Beautiful colour range
- Good longevity and staining power


What I Don't Love
- Can be hard for me to hold the wands


Final Thoughts
I thought the regular Velvet line from Peripera was my favourite, but these definitely top them! I love the texture and formula of the tints, it is so lightweight, but still stains my lips nicely and lasts well throughout the day. They also look really flattering on my lips when they are on the drier side which is becoming a regular occurrence during winter. I think these tints are well suited to any Princesses who like the shade range, because they are well priced and would work with most lip types too, whereas the regular velvet line is a little thicker and can emphasize some lip flaws. I really hope that Peripera releases more shades in the Airy Velvet line because I would really love more colours to wear!

I would recommend the Peripera Airy Ink Velvet tints to any Princesses looking for lip tints that have a beautiful colour range, are super lightweight, but still last well throughout the day.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I've lost count with all the different versions of tints out there! I've heard good things about the velvet line so I'm glad you had a positive experience with these too. 'Pretty Orange Pink' looks so nice on you! ^_^
    ~Weng
    wengiful 


    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...