Tuesday 18 July 2017

Store Review: Adam Beauty

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about my shopping experience with Adam Beauty! Adam Beauty is a Hong Kong based beauty store that stocks a great range of Japanese Beauty products as well as some European and Korean brands. I've avoided shopping there so far because the website is SO confusing to use and quite frankly seemed unsafe, but I decided to give it a go because it had the mascara I wanted.


Website Practicality
The website is ... difficult to navigate. It takes quite a lot of guesswork because some of the brands are only under parent company names (like Heroine make is under the parent brand Isehan) and the search bar isn't very good. Basically I start off in the Japan Brand sidebar and then choose the parent company. From then, I can tab across the sub brands down the left side, and the across the top for the basic type of make up. The product selection will appear as a little scrolling bar to the left, and you can click a type of product and choose a shade from within there. It's a bizarre layout. There is also no way to create an account, which seems majorly dodgy! However you can pay through Paypal which offers a little safety. It is easy to add items to the cart, but if you want to remove them you have to zero out the quantity. It's annoying to browse for sure.
Price Comparison
You can definitely see why I chose to shop with Adam Beauty for this order! I really only wanted the mascara (and ended up with a new sunscreen of course!) I changed the prices to NZD since Adam Beauty is in HKD while the rest are in USD.

Adam Beauty

Sasa

Yesstyle 


Shipping and Packaging
I made my purchase on the 15th of April, it was shipped on the 18th (with a T&T) and arrived at my house on the 25th. This period also included the Easter holidays as well as Anzac Day which are public holidays here in New Zealand and would have slowed down the package a little. However, for $2 I'm pretty happy with this! My package arrived safe and unharmed, there was some bubble wrap around the products so they were nice and safe!
Products
Final Thoughts
My shopping experience with Adam Beauty was odd to say the least, but it wasn't entirely bad. They did have a range of products that I found hard to buy, and a lot of products that would have been quite an expensive to buy by themselves since the shipping was quite high at other stores. It was a  weird experience, but the shipping is cheap and quick, so I would definitely shop there again!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...