Wednesday 9 November 2016

Review: Petitfee Oil Blossom Lip Mask

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Petitfee Oil Blossom Lip Mask! I picked up this lip mask on the hunt for a good replacement for my Holy Grail night lip balm, the Pure Smile Snail Lip Treatment!
"5 kinds of highly nutritious plant oil balm type lip sleeping mask.
- Camelia seed oil, Vitamin E, Natural colors
 
How to use
Before sleeping, apply lip mask.
Next day, wipe gently."(1)
This Lip Mask comes in a really pretty box decorated with flowers.
The treatment is housed in a thick glass jar with minimal decoration. It also comes with a small spatula to scoop out the lip mask, but this is actually really hard to use due to it's size.
The lip mask has a faint pink tint and is quite thick in texture. It's easy to apply to my lips, though I do use a different spatula. This lip mask has a very strong scent and taste which I really, really dislike. I think it's the smell of Camellia, but I'm not 100% sure.
My lips are quite dry, for those who don't know I do take acne medication and it makes my lips very dry, especially during the night! This lip mask makes my lips soft initially, but I don't think this lip mask lasts very well though the night since my lips aren't very moisturised when I wake up.
There isn't too much of a difference in my lips when I use this lip mask at night, but I can use it during the day as a regular lip balm and it's very nice! Unfortunately I really can't stand the smell and taste of this product!

What I Love
- Pretty, functional packaging
- Moisturises my lips


What I Don't Love
- Spatula is a little useless
- Strong taste and smell
- Doesn't work well as a sleeping mask 


Final Thoughts
This lip mask moisturises my lips for a short amount of time, but it's not the overnight lip mask that I was expecting, and it's really quite unpleasant for me to use as the scent is so strong I can taste it the whole time I'm wearing it, I can even taste it when I wake up which is a little awful. It's not a terrible product, and would probably work fairly well for Princesses who don't have such dry lips, but it's not for me.

I would recommend the Petitfee Oil Blossom Lip Mask to Princesses looking for a moderately moisturising lip mask!

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Have you tried the puresmile night choosy lip pack or does it just not compare to the HG snail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a lip pack for Winter too since my lips get really dry. Are there any more moisturizing ones you recommend?

    Belle in Black and White

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Laneige lip sleeping mask. Instant results, great overnight use, it's my holy grail lip item.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the Laneige one smells and tastes like berries!=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nügg Beauty makes an incredible lip mask that's only $8.99 & I find myself repurchasing it over & over again as it's a HG product of mine. I know that Nügg is an American brand & has nothing to do with k-beauty but this lip mask is magical! For anyone that's never heard of Nügg Beauty, they have a line of affordable (about $3 each in Target & on nuggbeauty.com), but effective, single use, face mask pods that address a wide range of skin issues & their ingredients are 97% natural & organic (I swear by their anti-aging & De-stress masks). The masks all have a smooth, gel-cream consistency & are proven effective in as little as 5 minutes but can be left on for much longer since they are all non-drying masks (some can even be used as a sleeping pack). Last winter, Nügg released their lip mask (which comes in a little gold ball that's adorable &, at the same time, appears luxurious) & me being a huge fan of their face masks, immediately placed an order. Right before I received my lip mask I had burned my upper lip by going hard on a lip plumping product that was only supposed to be applied twice daily (I was using it like it was a lip balm which proved to be a horrible decision on my part). So my upper lip was painfully chapped & after 3 days of applying every balm, oil & salve I could find, there was little to no improvement. After 3 days of dealing with this burned upper lip, I had come home to my Nügg order having arrived & I wasted no time in applying that lip mask. The instructions say to apply a thick layer, let it work it's magic for 20 minutes & remove excess with a cotton round or a soft cloth. Right away I noticed that it has a thick, creamy consistency, kinda like a body butter, & not much of a scent. It was late when I got home that night so I fell asleep with the lip mask on but I woke with the softest, smoothest & plumpest lips & my upper lip was completely healed! It's been one of my favorite products ever since. Depending on the condition of my lips, I'll sometimes use it as an overnight lip treatment or I'll apply it on my lips while I'm wearing a sheet mask or face pack & then wipe the excess off after the 20 minutes (my lips tend to drink this right up so there's usually not much left over after the 20 minutes).

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...