Wednesday 13 January 2016

Review: Shiseido Senka Perfect Skincare

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Shiseido Senka Perfect Skincare! I don't quite have the complete collection of this set of skincare, I'm missing a watery oil and a cleansing gel, but I didn't feel it was necessary to purchase these in order to complete this review.
Perfect Oil
An oil based cleanser to dissolve makeup and impurities. For all skin type (except ultra-sensitive skin).

How to Use:
Put it in dry hands and apply on dry face. Massage in circular motion especially on eye areas to dissolve mascara and makeup. Add lukewarm water to emulsify the cleanser and massage again to remove the impurities. Rinse off with lukewarm water."(1)

Pack Size - 150ml

This cleansing oil is quite thin in texture and has very little scent. It's easy to spread across the skin and feels super silky and smooth. I swatched my liquid liner, a Lime Crime Velvetine and a lip stain on my hand to remove. I found that the Perfect Oil did a pretty good job at removing everything other than the lip stain, which is supposed to stain!
This is my second bottle of this oil and I actually love the way that it removes my make up. It's super easy to use and dissolves my eye make up with ease! I use my fingers to remove my make up, then wipe of the excess with a cotton round, and remove the residue with water.

Perfect Liquid
"Shiseido Perfect Liquid makeup remover melt dirt, excess oil, debris, and makeup, leaving your skin smooth and refresh.

It absorbs dirt while cleansing and prevent dirt from adhering to your skin again while rinsing. It works well on wet or dry skin and rinse cleanly away. It contains Moisture-Captive Amino Acid derivative to keep your skin moisturized after wash. No Artificial Color or fragrance. Allergy tested.


Take 2 teaspoons (about 3ml) onto your palms and massage your face to dissolve dirt, makeup and other impurities with a circular motion. Be careful not to scrub your skin. Especially be gentle on your eye areas using fingertips to remove mascara and eyeliner."(2)
The Perfect Liquid is similar to the Perfect Oil, but much thicker in texture. It has a heavy alcohol scent which I hate and makes my skin feel a little dry after removal.
I tried the same test as the Perfect Oil with similar results. I think the Perfect Liquid removed the lip stain better, but I actually needed to use more of it to remove my face make up in comparison to the Perfect Oil.

Perfect Whip

"A rich foam cleanser which can dissolve makeup and draw out impurities from the pores. Contains hydrating agents, including amino acid, for smoothing and maintaining the natural moisture of the skin. This cleanser forms as a soft and rich peak. Acting as a "cushion" to protect the skin from harsh cleansing motion. Meanwhile, it penetrates into the pores to clean impurities and excess sebum. Skin becomes clean, soft and hydrated.

How to Use:
Wash and wet your hands first. Put a small amount of cleanser and few drops of water in the palm. Lather the cleanser into a creamy foam with a cupping motion. If necessary, add more water during the lather process to create a soft peak. Clean your face with soft cleansing foam, then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water. Avoid eye and lip areas.

Pack Size - 120g"(3)

The Perfect Whip is one of the staple products from this line, famous for whipping up foaming bubbles in an instant. I find this cleanser SUPER drying for my skin and I really don't like using it if I'm honest! It makes my skin feel super squeaky clean, but also really tight and dry afterwards to the point where I'm almost running towards my hydrating toners to relieve the dryness.



Perfect Milk
"Wraps your skin gently and lifts dirt, excess oil, and makeup while it deposits rich moisture. It contains Moisture-Captive Amino Acid derivative to keep your skin moisturized. No artificial color. The high quality lather removes dirt, excess oil, and makeup without damaging your skin and stripping away your protective moisture barrier. Silky foam quickly cleanses and rinses, leaving skin soft and clean.

How to Use:
Wet your face with water. Pour Perfect Milk into wet palms and create a lather using cold or lukewarm water. Envelop your face in the lather to cleanse skin. Rinse thoroughly.

Pack Size - 150ml "(4)

The Perfect Milk has a much softer texture than the Perfect Whip cleanser and doesn't make my skin feel as dry or tight. It's nowhere near close to being a Holy Grail type of cleanser for me, but at least I'll be able to finish the bottle rather than having to give it away like the Perfect Whip!


What I Love
- Inexpensive at around $10-15USD each
- Perfect Oil works really well
- Perfect Milk works quite well too


What I Don't Love
- Perfect Liquid smells like straight alcohol
- Perfect Whip is super drying


Final Thoughts
I really like using the Perfect Oil and the Perfect Milk is not a bad product, but I definitely would not repurchase the Perfect Whip or the Perfect Liquid. The Perfect Whip is just so drying for my skin and the Perfect Liquid is also pretty drying while smelling like straight up alcohol and I just know that there are better cleansing oils out there (even the Perfect Oil is much better)!

I would definitely recommend the Perfect Oil for any Princesses looking for a good, inexpensive cleansing oil, but I don't really recommend the other three products because I know for sure there are many other products out there that are actually better! 

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I'm using senka cleanser perfect clay and after that i apply aloevera gel as moisturizer at my face. I also apply senka essence in pink bottle after that i did notice that my face burn.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...