Friday 8 January 2016

First Impression: Skinfood Good Afternoon Honey Black Tea BB Cream in 1: Light Beige

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Skinfood Good Afternoon Honey Black Tea BB Cream! This horrendously long name means that this BB Cream is part of the Skinfood Good Afternoon BB Cream series. I've previously tried the Peach Green Tea BB Cream, and I'll compare the two at the end of this post!

What Does It Do?
 A moisturising and illuminating BB cream with sweet honey and flavourful red tea that keeps skin soft and supple. Good Afternoon Honey Black Tea BB Cream is a long lasting Moisturising and Glowing BB Cream that helps maintain bright morning skin throughout the day without darkening or smudging.
The swatch of this BB Cream looks pretty dark for my skin and really orange! My skin tone generally suits a strong yellow tone.  It was super easy to apply, I can use my fingers, sponges or brushes to apply, though I prefer my fingers personally as brushes and sponges tended to sheer the BB Cream out more than I wanted.
The coverage is incredibly natural and it made my skin feel crazy smooth! No lumps or bumps of product in sight. It did provide very light coverage for light acne scars, but this is definitely a light/natural finish so I wouldn't recommend it for any Princesses that need coverage for scars or pores.
 I applied it only to the left half of my face in the above photo, you can see how much it looks like skin!
However, it is a touch too orange toned and I could definitely see a difference between my chest/neck and face which makes me very sad.

Peach Green Tea VS Honey Black Tea
 I reviewed the Peach Green Tea BB exactly this time last year, and you can read the full review here!
The colours are so similar in swatches, and pretty much exactly the same on my face too. I see the Peach Green Tea shade being slightly more orange and darker in tone than the Honey Black Tea BB Cream, but neither are a good match for my skin really.


Would I Purchase This Product?
No, I really enjoyed the coverage and texture of the Skinfood Good Afternoon Honey Black Tea BB Cream, but the colour isn't good for my skin tone as it's a smidge too dark. I believe it is the lightest in the Good Afternoon shade range which is a pity for me, but it's definitely a great shade for any NC15's out there! ^ ^

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review! I've been contemplating purchasing this BB cream several times, but I wasn't too sure about the color. My skintone is similar to yours, so now I know it'd be too dark. Thanks! ^_^
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Pearl and the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in Alabaster - 00. Both are awesome fuller coverage products for us pale and yellow-toned girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the Too Faced recommendation, I've been wanting to try that foundation but had no idea on the shade! I have the Bobbi Brown cream compact and though the colour is perfect, omg I haateee the formula!

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...