Friday 18 September 2015

First Impression: Skinfood Watery Berry Serum and Blending Cream

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Skinfood Watery Berry Serum and Blending Cream! I have no idea what a Watery Berry is or why that would be good for my skin, but Skinfood implies that they're very moisturising and make the skin glow.

What Does It Do?
Serum
"Details
A dewy moisture serum that promotes soft, glowing skin with berry extracts and hyaluronic acid.

To Use

After toner application, dispense an ample amount in palms and smooth over the entire face." (1)
This serum has a light berry scent and is really quickly absorbed by my skin. It leaves a little bit of a tacky finish if I press my fingers into my skin, but it's not sticky at all. It leaves my skin feeling really soft and lovely, and also leaves my skin looking matte. This Serum is slightly white with little bits inside, but you can't see that at all on the photos!



Blending Cream
"Details
A blendable cream that promotes soft, glowing skin with berry extracts and hyaluronic acid. Custom-blend the hydrating clear gel and nourishing cream core depending on your skin type and condition.
 

To Use
After serum/emulsion application, dispense the clear gel and cream core in a 2:1 ratio on the back of your hand. Mix well and apply to skin.
Adjust the blending ratio of the gel and cream core depending on your skin type and condition."(2)
This is such an interesting concept, but it's so irritating to use even with sample sachets! This Gel/Cream also has a light berry scent but also smells a little like alcohol if I get my nose right in there.  It's quite easy to mix the two products together, but it needs to be patted very thoroughly into the skin as it doesn't absorb fast at all. It leaves my skin feeling sticky, but very moisturised and nourished.


Would I Purchase These Products?
Potentially the Serum, but not the Blending Cream. I find the blending cream to be a really interesting product, but it's really quite bothersome to use and I just know that I wouldn't be bothered by it in all honesty! I thought the Serum was actually really lovely and quite inexpensive at $14USD, so that's something that I would actually love to try out!

I would definitely recommend the Watery Berry Serum to any Princesses that are after a gorgeous serum for soft skin, and I would recommend the Blending Cream to anyone who has time to mix their face products, or wants better control of how much Cream to Gel ratio they use in their skincare. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...