Wednesday 23 September 2015

Review: LUSH Colour Supplement Foundation, Jackie Oates and Light Yellow

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about two of LUSH's Colour Supplement Foundations in the shade Jackie Oates and Light Yellow! Jackie Oates has been suggested to me so many times as a good super pale foundation and bizarrely enough as a pale mixer to make foundations more pale, but we'll get to that later.
These colour supplements come housed in adorable little glass jars with screw top lids. In all honesty, I hate jar packaging. I have long nails and jar packaging involves dipping nails into the product which grosses me out. Personal preference.
Jackie Oates is obviously the better colour choice for my skin, though the Light Yellow shade was originally purchased first! Both of these shades oxidise quite a lot, the Light Yellow shade may have been OK for my skin if it didn't turn into an Oompa Loompa Orange after 5 minutes.

Jackie Oates Colour Supplement
"This is for fairer folk – like those with a typical English Rose complexion or those with ginger hair. These paler skins tend to need gentle care and nurturing. So we’ve made the base of this supplement similar to our Dirty Shaving Cream, full of lots of things - like oatmilk, honey and aloe vera - to cool the skin and reduce redness. Added to Jackie Oates is a blend of pigments to allow pale types to have a covering of colour to even out their face without looking darker than usual or overly tinted. Pale skin types are the most sensitive to sun damage and we wanted to offer some protection without burdening this cream with heavy chemical sunscreens. The solution was to add titanium dioxide as part of the pigment, which acts as a sun block. We invited lots of Lush insiders with ginger hair and pale skin to the labs when we were inventing this supplement and they made various blends of pigments until they hit on a combination suitable for them. We then named this after the singer, Jackie Oates, who features heavily in our spa music and whose beautiful English Rose complexion inspired us whilst developing this product."(1)
Straight out of the pot this foundation looks like an amazing pale shade! After about 5 minutes it does oxidise a little, but it's definitely workable for my skin tone since it is quite warm toned.
This colour supplement gives me almost no coverage (even though the LUSH ladies promised me it would be good) and keeps my skin looking very natural. The above picture set shows two layers of Jackie Oates, and my scarring, un-even skin and redness are still quite obvious. This foundation is really thick and quite cumbersome to blend with my fingers, so a Beauty Blender creates a much smoother application.
This foundation is a smidgeon too dark. It doesn't help that this foundation has little coverage, the scars and redness make my face look darker, but it's still wearable.

I've seen reviews on this foundation from girls that claim to be "so pale that I'm almost translucent" who use this foundation as a mixer to lighten foundations. Firstly, sit down ladies. If you use this foundation to lighten products you are no where near translucent, and neither am I. Secondly, you actually can use this as a mixer! It will sheer out any fuller coverage foundations, but it does give a good boost of moisture
 


Light Yellow Colour Supplement
"Light Yellow is the same beautiful base, but with a pale shade for ivory skin. If you have a porcelain complexion, Light Yellow is the one for you. The blend of soya and rice bran oils is light and does not negatively affect the skin like mineral oils would. Just mix into your favourite moisturiser for a natural tint or use on its own as a foundation. You can also dot a little around unsightly blemishes for effective coverage."(2)
This shade is way too dark for my skin. It's descended into Oompa Loompa territory and I'm not willing to photograph it. Nope nope nope!


What I Love
- Good for the planet products
- Against animal testing
- Good colour range
- Excellent mixing products


What I Don't Love
- Oxidises quite dark
- Jar packaging is unhygienic for long nails
- Cumbersome to blend well



Final Thoughts
I really like Jackie Oates! Obviously the Light Yellow shade is way too dark for me, but Jackie Oates is actually not a bad match! It hasn't got too much coverage, so I won't get that much wear out of it since my skin tone is so un even. It's a pain in the butt to blend out, so it's not good for slapping on at a moments notice, but it does feel lovely and lightweight on my skin!

I would definitely recommend the LUSH Colour Supplements for any Princesses looking for a nice natural looking foundation, and especially Jackie Oates for any pale Princesses! ^.^ 

3 comments:

  1. The Lush foundations are soooooo dark on me, even the lightest shade makes me look like I've put on really bad fake tan haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahhahaha. I am so with you on the SIT DOWN business! NARS Sheer Glow Siberia is the best match for my skin shade I've found yet, and I too use a pure white mixer with just about everything else, so I think we're probably close in color. When I read things like "Benefit I'm Pure 4 Sure is too pale for me, and I'm sooooo paaaaale; no human would be this color," it makes me cringe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giiiirl preach! I get really awkward when people tell me how seriously pale they are, like "I'm only NC20 and I'm just too pale for life", SIT DOWN OK THAT'S A BIG STATEMENT.

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...