Wednesday 15 October 2014

Review: Skin79 Green & Orange BB Cream

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to share with you a massive, massive double review of the Skin79 Green and Orange BB Creams! I purchased this both of these BB Cream from Roseroseshop last year because they were quite cheap and I was unable to find testers of the Green BB which is touted as one of the palest BB Creams ever! I've already trialled the Orange BB Cream in my First Impressions Skin79 Orange BB Cream post, and four other of Skin79's BB's in my other Skin79 BB Cream swatches and reviews. I've also compared these two BB Creams in my Super pale swatches along with a bunch of other super pale products!
The two BB Cream's come in identical packaging with super hygienic pumps. They're great to travel with because they have hard cases meaning nothing will be squeezed out accidentally, although I am quite wary that the pump might accidentally depress while in transit.

I purchased the Skin79 Green BB Cream for $16.10 (Now $13.79!) and the Skin79 Orange BB Cream - $11.20 (no longer available).
I love that the silver BB has a holographic shine (petty packaging loves!). An interesting point of difference between the two BB Creams is that the Green BB has an SPF30 PA++ while the Orange BB has SPF50 PA+++
The Green BB is very pale a neutral toned. I don't find that it leans pink or yellow too much, and is a little darker than both of my Missha BB Creams. It's quite thick, but spreads out really well, with light to medium coverage so i do need to use concealer on my problem areas, but it does have a quite matte finish rather than the regular dewy BB Creams.
I did find that I got very shiny after 6 hours and the BB Cream sat in my pores and fine lines.
The colour isn't too bad, still not absolutely perfect though. I find that it looks a little grey/pink almost? It's fine for casual everyday wear though!
The Orange BB Cream has exactly the same packaging as the Green but different ingredients. I had assumed that both the Green and Orange BB Creams had the same ingredients just with different tones of colour, but obviously they must be quite different!
The Orange BB Cream is much warmer in tone than the Green BB which means I almost suit it better than the Green BB since i do have very yellow skin. It's a little too dark, but as long as you can't see my arms it looks ok! (My arms are really pale).
Just like the Green BB, the Orange BB does get quite oily after 6 hours for me (but then again what doesn't?) but is absolutely fine with a little oil blotting paper.
I'm so unsure about the colouring of this BB Cream. It's undeniably too dark, but I'm not sure if the fact that it's so warm toned almost makes it better than the Green BB which is a better shade of "pale" for me. The leftmost photo is what it looks like outside while in the car (and yes the glasses are real, I need them to see! I usually wear contact lenses but was having a lazy day today) while the right photos are taken sitting in front of my window.
I've compared the two BB Creams side by side (of course!) and the Orange BB makes the Green BB look quite pink in comparison! The Green BB is a better colour in terms of paleness, but the Orange BB is better in terms of warmth. I didn't photograph it, but the BB Creams don't oxidize at all, not like the Super Pink BB did!
So what happens when I mix the two foundations? Does it create the perfect coloured BB?
No not really. Now it still seems a little pink and dark, but it's not bad, it's not bad! It is a little too much effort for something that's just for casual wear (not full coverage) and either the Green or Orange suits almost as well.

What I Love
- Relatively inexpensive
- Wide colour range
- Goes relatively pale for both cool and warm toned skin
- Great sturdy, hygienic packaging


What I Don't Love
- Not a perfect fit (close enough though)
- A little hard to find
- Both get quite oily after 6+ hours


Final Thoughts?
I liked both of these BB Creams, but I'm unsure if I'll actually keep both! They both make my skin feel lovely (like a BB Cream should!) and have ample sun protection. They both feel very similar on the skin even though they have different ingredients! I think that the Green BB is a little pinker than my two Missha BB Creams, but the Orange BB is similar in colouring to all of the Etude House BB Creams that I've trialled. I don't really know, I'll have to do another masterpost on pale BB Creams!

I hope you Princesses enjoyed this review! Let me know if you have any BB Cream review requests! ^.^

20 comments:

  1. I didn't try the orange and the green BB cream from skin79, only the pink and golden and some travelsizes of the others. They look quite nice on your swatches though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the Orange and Green are paler than the pink and golden, so if you found the other two a little on the dark side, definitely pick up one of these ones! ^.^

      Delete
  2. Judging from the pictures, I think the green one looks better/more natural on you but it's hard to tell from pictures of course. I don't really like the orange one.. did you at some point try the pink one? I hear sooo many people rave about it but I am, like you, really pale and it's a bit tricky to find a perfect match. I recently reviewed the IOPE air cushion and I looove that one, it's super pale and looks amazing on my skin, in case you haven't tried that one yet. Thanks for all the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks for the feedback! It's hard staring at your own face trying to figure out what looks better >< I did try the pink one, but it was just so dark on me that I couldn't do it! I found that both the Orange and Green did the same sort of job as the Pink, just in paler and different tones.

      Oooooooh nope I haven't tried the IOPE before but am always looking out for super pale products! Thanks so much for the suggestion! ^.^

      Delete
  3. I like the color of the orange one ^^ maybe that would suit me a lot more! I have the pink one and I think it's alright, I love the packaging more than its products lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want the pink one in a slightly paler colour, but way more warm toned then the Orange one would probably suit you well! I found the Pink way too dark and way to ashy for my skintone! Honestly there is something so satisfying about this packaging, it's not cutesy, but super practical and classy! ^.^

      Delete
  4. I am also so pale , I think orange will be too yellowish for me :(
    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should totally get the Green one! It seems very neutral undertoned and quite paled so certainly, it will match me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe if you mix the Orange BB with white foundation youd get a perfext match?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does work that way! However I need to mix 50% white and 50% BB so I loose pretty much all of the finish, texture and benefits of even wearing a BB Cream when I mix them (plus it takes 2mins longer). So while yes, mixing does create the perfect colour for me, it's annoying because I dislike mixing BB's/foundations because you loose almost all of the benefits of using the BB Cream in the first place :C

      Delete
    2. I totally get it, I always lose the beautiful dewy finish when I mix with white foundation. But its better than looking like i have afloating yellow head! I hear you can get empty cushion compacts to put in your own foundation/bb/sunscreen/skincare mixture. might be worth shot so you xan mix up a few weeks worth of product?

      Delete
    3. Also, if only these bb companies made white and black bb's for mixing your perfect shade and retaining all the great skincare benefits that make us want to use then! sigh, one can dream...

      Delete
  7. my name is maggie and i'm so happy that finally i found someone like me
    i have the full size of the pink one and i really regret the day that i bought it :( i mean it's way too dark and way to ashy for me i have pale yellow undertone and i found the maybelline fit me in 110 is perfect match ....also i have the orange bb cream i love it it mach me the best but i just finish it so i thought i should try different new one and i'm kinda lost between the green bb cream from skin 79 and Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in 13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey maggie! If the Skin79 Orange BB is a perfect match for you then both the Missha BB Creams and the Skin79 Green BB creams will be too pink/light for you! You could always try other more yellow alternatives such as Etude House No.02 BB Creams (massive selection) or Skinfood Peach Sake BB Cream! (:

      Delete
  8. I just wanted to share a new discovery re: Orange BB. My skin is the same colour as yours, fair with yellow undertones, and being that pale and prone to sunburn and sunspots means I have to wear physical sunscreen every day of the year. The Orange BB on its own is too dark, and layered on top of sunscreen is wayyy to heavy and thick of a base. The other day I mixed my regular amount of sunscreen (Skin Food Broccoli) with the regular amount of BB Cream, and patted on 2 thin layers with a cushion puff. OHMYGOD, best discovery ever. The sunscreen paled down the BB so it actually matched me, and applying both products together somehow felt much lighter. Not to mention it didn't look heavy, and I didn't get as oily as I would if I layered the products separately. Just thought I'd share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's an interesting idea! Thanks for sharing! ^.^

      Delete
  9. Hey, i really like your blog and youtube channel!
    I'm lighter than nc/nw15 from mac, and i'm brazilian so that's pretty much the lightest shade available. Do you think that the green bb cream could be a good match? I'm really tired of spending money on foundations that are too dark, i need help!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! ^ ^ The Green BB Cream is more like NW10, so it's a little pink toned and quite pale. It's hard to help you out with a colour match when I can't see your face, but I'm sure this one won't be too dark! ^ ^

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the answer!! If you could do some kind of tutorial using this bb cream someday it would be great, there's not much information about it and it's easier to understand how it works through the video. I hope you think about this! and i also hope your channel grows even more!

      Delete
    3. I actually don't have these any more sadly, I ended up giving them to a more loving home because neither shade worked very well for my skin tone.:S

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...