Friday 27 June 2014

First Impression: The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about a product that I've been itching to try for a while, and since I finally got my grabby hands on a little sample pot I can tell you all about my First Impressions of The Body Shop's Vitamin C Skin Boost!
What Does It Do?
"This instant radiance-booster refreshes and smoothes skin and enhances its natural glow.

  • Enhances natural radiance
  • Contains light-reflective particles
  • Gives skin a silky-smooth finish
  • Can be worn alone or under make-up
 
Ingredients
Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Emulsion Stabilizer), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Mica (Opacifying Agent), HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer (Anticaking Agent), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Glycerin (Humectant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Polysilicone-11 (Film Former), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Silica (Absorbent), Benzyl Benzoate (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Aqua/Water (Solvent), Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide (Colorant)." (1)
This is such an interesting product to try out, and I'm really glad that I picked up a tester size first because I'm totally not sure what to think about this product! As you can see above, it has a thick silicone texture and contains a lot of gold and pink shimmers. The shimmer does translate to the skin, but instead of looking shiny and glittery, it gives you a warm healthy glow which I totally love!
This skin boost makes my skin look healthy, moisturized, glowy, matte, (weird combo right!), and the silicone texture makes for a really great makeup base! It smells like oranges, which to me smells absolutely divine and makes me feel happy in the cold morning while I'm doing my skincare.

However

I don't think it works particularly well as a skincare item. Because of the huge amount of fragrance in this product, I cannot imagine that it would work well with sensitive skin, and a quick look of my favorite skincare reviewing site Paula's Choice Beautypedia shows that she somewhat agree's with me in her scathing review of this product.

"Vitamin C Skin Boost is a silicone-based serum that contains more fragrance than vitamin C (listed as ascorbic acid). In addition to the fragrance, this also contains several fragrance ingredients which only add to the irritation the fragrance presents. Fragrance isn’t skin care and there are plenty of serums with vitamin C that either omit fragrance entirely or contain a much lower amount. This isn’t the serum to choose if you’re keen on vitamin C, especially because there are precious few other beneficial ingredients to be found here. For the money, if you’re concerned about signs of aging and want a serum with vitamin C and lots of other youth-enhancing ingredients, look no further than Paula’s Choice RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum." (2)


Would I Purchase This Product?
Maybe! I do love it for a swift boost of endorphins in the morning, but since it's almost $50 here in New Zealand it's a little on the pricier side, (although in comparison to other primers it's right on price target!). A little does go a long way with this Skin Boost and it does give me a lovely healthy glow with a smooth foundation application afterwards. To be honest, if it was on sale I would probably buy it, but for $50 I'm just a little iffy.

What do you Princesses think of this Vitamin C Skin Boost? Have you used this product or something similar before? 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this looks interesting! I'm happy I read this review first because I won't definitely get anything that is mostly silicone-based because silicone clogs pores a lot and thats something my skin cannot take .___. I would love to try out some "real" vitamin c serums though! It's a shame this doesn't seem to be too promising, I usually like the Body Shop products.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...