Friday 21 March 2014

First Impression: Lush Veganese Conditioner

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about Lush's Veganese Conditioner! I picked up this conditioner at the same time as Happy Happy Joy Joy and Big!

What Does It Do?

"All-round lavender and lemon conditioner for all hair types. Our vegan customers have quite enough to put up with without having rough, dull, tangled hair. The majority of Lush products are vegan, but making a vegan conditioner without lanolin (from sheared sheep’s wool) took us a few years. Helen finally settled on using agar seaweed gel as a hair softener with lavender and lemons for shine. Vegans and everyone with fine hair should choose this one and stick with it." (1)
"Features

  • Vegan alternative: Our lightest conditioner is suited for fine, limp hair and conditions without weighing it down.
  • Light and lanolin-free: Seaweed gel acts as the softening agent in place of lanolin
  • Soothing for sore tops: Lavender infusion creates a soothing liquid that gently cares for scalps." (2)

Veganese smells quite lemony fresh, has a slightly thick and glossy texture and is marked towards people with fine hair, which I definitely do not have!
The first time I used Veganese, I used the regular amount I would use for my normal conditioners (small coin sized). I rinsed it out and found that my hair was entirely full of tangles. I gave up on trying to pull a comb through my hair and just used another coin sized dollop of conditioner. After rinsing again, my hair was still full of tangles. Frustrated, I stuck my hand in the wee jar, and grabbed a decent amount (the rest of the jar) and smooshed it through the tangles, trying to work the knots out with my fingers (not easy with long nails!). This eventually did the trick, but I'm really not used to having to try so hard to de-tangle my hair in the shower, especially since I brush it before getting in the shower! 

Veganese did leave my hair feeling pretty soft and very clean, but I'm unsure if this is because I used the entire jar in one go, or because it was a good product.

Edit: I talked to the Lush ladies, and they said that it didn't de-tangle my hair because it doesn't contain Lanolin (made from sheep's wool). If it had Lanolin, it wouldn't be Vegan, but it's also marketed towards finer hair so I guess this just isn't a very good product for me!

 Would I Purchase This Product?
Probably not. I used the entire tub on the small hand swatch and that one time in the shower trying to get the tangles out of my hair! I don't feel like it had any real benefits for my hair (especially since it's marketed for fine hair), the scent is not especially appealing for me, and it's relatively expensive ($38NZD for 500ml) so I will probably pass on this and try another conditioner from Lush! I've been eying up American Cream and Retread!

3 comments:

  1. Edit: I talked to the Lush ladies, and they said that it didn't de-tangle my hair because it doesn't contain Lanolin (made from sheep's wool). If it had Lanolin, it wouldn't be Vegan, but it's also marketed towards finer hair so I guess this just isn't a very good product for me!

    PFFT this sounds like a cop-out on Lush's part. There are plenty of Vegan conditioners that don't have lanolin in them that work just fine, so they're full of crap IMO. I like going to Lush, but to be honest the associates are the thing that ruin it for me because they always try to inundate you with pseudo-science and smoke and mirrors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm the Lush ladies in my area are really lovely and I always enjoy going into the store and looking at the products, but just so many of them are not working for me which makes me really sad because I really really want them to work! :S
      I'm trying out some of the skincare at the moment which is looking promising, fingers crossed that this will be a positive experience! ><

      Delete
  2. It always pay to have an effective conditioner. That one may smell heavenly but it isn't worth it (base on your review) :(

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...