Friday 30 September 2016

First Impression: LUSH Hot Oil Treatment - Tangled

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Tangled Hot Oil Treatment from LUSH! I didn't have the best experience with the Damaged treatment previously, so I was hoping that some advice from my local LUSH girls would help me love this product a little more!
What Does It Do?
"Knot anymore!
Tame your tangles with this nourishing pre-wash hot oil treatment. Extra virgin olive oil, organic jojoba oil and guar gum make for a rich, silky mixture that smooths out knots and leaves locks gleaming. Rosewood and ylang ylang oils blend together for an exotic floral perfume that envelops the senses and keeps moods bright all day long. Tangles begone!
 
1. Place your treatment in a heatproof container and boil some water in a kettle. 2. Slowly add several ounces of boiling-hot water to the solid treatment and stir gently using the wooden stick. Take your time, adding water as needed, and allowing the product to thicken until you're left with an empty stick and a rich, creamy treatment. This should take around five minutes. 3. When it's cool enough to touch, apply to dry hair and leave for around 20 minutes to allow the ingredients to get to work replenishing your hair. Shampoo out and admire your luscious locks!"(1)
 
Just like the Damaged Treatment, I melted this hot oil treatment down with boiling water. This time however, I added much more water to the treatment to thin the texture out so I don't have to shampoo it out so much. However, as the treatment cools down enough for me to handle it with my hands, it just thickens up again. You can see that my left bun looks substantially less chunky than the right because I applied the product to the left one first.
This time it only took three rounds of shampoo to get the treatment chunks out of my hair which is an improvement. After my hair was dry it looks no different, but to be fair I did notice throughout the week that I had less knots in my hair. However, after the first brush my hairbrush looked super dusty and sticky which was quite gross.

Would I Purchase This Product?
No. Although this did reduce the tangles in my hair slightly it still took so long to wash out and is kind of a pain to apply. It's a cute concept, it's fun to make, but for me at least the treatment dries too quickly and is too hard to wash out to actually get the full benefits of the treatment. It seems from most of the reviews on LUSH websites that it is a 50/50 split opinion on whether this works well or not, so take from this review what you will! ^ ^

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. No he probado este producto para qudesenredar el pelo, pero me llama mucho la atención, me encanta Lush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it did work for me. Maybe its becaise i didnt use so much. i took a knife and cut it into 4 peices. i only used one of those peices. Oh! and i didnt quite follow the directions. I got a little impatient, so i just threw it in a coffee cup with some water for 30 seconds in the microwave, let it get warm. And heres the weird part, that actually made the application so much easier. And fun! I took a clean barbique brush and applied it to my haor woth that. i left it on fir about two hours(I was at a sleepover with my homie and we watched a movie) And then after the movie i got in the shower and washed my haor with the honey i washed my haor shampio bar by lush(my favorite brand) And conditioned with the happy happy joy joy conditioner by lush(Im obsessed) Braided my hair in two braids befire i wemt to bed(thats how i get my flawless everyday waves) In the morning, my haor was so soft and easy to manage, the brush was so easy to get through my haor, and i have more left😍😜❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know you can shorten your long links with Shortest and get $$$$ from every click on your short urls.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...