Wednesday 18 November 2015

Review: Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primer

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primer! I picked up this primer a wee while ago because I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the Benefit Porefessional (which my face loves, but my wallet not so much)!
"Lightweight primer smoothes skin while evening out skin tone with color correcting pigments that neutralize redness and uneven color. Wear alone or under foundation.Revlon’s NEW primers are lightweight primers that soften skin and diffuse light to help minimize flaws and even out skin texture. It creates a perfect canvas so that your foundation will glide on more evenly and smoothly. Primers can be worn alone or under foundation, and are oil free, talc free, fragrance free, paraben free."(1)
This primer has a pink colour which dissipates quite quickly when I blend it into my skin. It leaves my skin feeling silky, albeit slightly slippery after application.
For these photos I primed just the left side of my face. This primer claims to colour correct, but I honestly see no colour correction in any of these photos, also a pink tone isn't usually used in colour correction so I'm not sure what it's expecting to do!
I can't see much of a difference between the primed side and the non primed side in these photos!
I didn't find that this primer really did anything for my skin at all. It didn't really help my pores look any smoother, it certainly didn't do any colour correcting and when I had oily skin it didn't help at all with that aspect either!
 

What I Love
- Nice packaging, I love the pump!


What I Don't Love
- I believe it was quite expensive
- Doesn't colour correct
- Doesn't help oil control
- Doesn't really help smooth pores and lines


Final Thoughts
I'm not really sure who to recommend this product to as I don't really find that it does anything at all! I do like the packaging, you can see how much product is in the glass bottle and it comes with a hygienic pump. But, I just don't find that it does anything for my pores, fine lines or anything at all for oil control.

5 comments:

  1. Too bad that the only good think about it is the packaging :( Anything that doesn't help me with oil control or makes my pores look smaller is a pass for me. Thanks so much for sharing!

    http://stressedbutkawaii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much :C Really should have been a fail product haha

      Delete
  2. I really liked this primer when I tried it (my Mum has a bottle of it): it smoothed out and blurred my fine lines, and did have some colour correction on my skin. But I'm very dry and have a different skin tone to you. I've found that L'Oreal's Revitalift Magic Blur cream is really similar to Benefit's Porefessional - maybe give that a try!

    www.prettyandbooks.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! I have been looking at the L'Oreal one, but last time I looked it was a ridiculous price - like $40-50!

      Delete
    2. Oh man, I didn't know that lol. I got given it because my Mum didn't like the scent. I guess it's not a budget dupe then! :P

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...