Monday 28 April 2014

Manicure Monday: Etude House XOXO Minnie In The Nails

Hello Princesses!


Today I'm going to be doing a little review on some super cute nails polishes, bought to you by the ever adorable Etude House. Honestly, every time they have a new product release I have to struggle to not just buy absolutely everything they bring out. It makes me poor - but at least my beauty products look SUPER CUTE.
I purchased these polishes way back in November 2013 but due to some unfortunate problems with one of the products (coupled with my laziness) I wasn't able to post or review any of the products until just recently - so if you'd like to check out the rest of the super cute stuff I purchased, click here! 
Etude House - XOXO Minnie In The Nails - No.01 Minnie Red - $3.00
First up is Minnie Red! I struggled a little with the application of this polish because I felt like it was quite thick and made it hard for me to make a nice curve around the base of my nail where I would normally have no troubles! I really like the colour of this polish, but I cannot get away without wearing a topcoat because the colour by itself looks very flat and flawed.

All of these polishes are marketed as "Gel Effect Nail" but I didn't really feel or see any gel effect from these polishes. The polishes didn't last any longer than normal and they certainly didn't have that glossy gel polish look either, so I'm not sure why they are supposed to be Gel Effect.

 Etude House - XOXO Minnie In The Nails - No.06 Minnie Black Face  - $3.00
I absolutely loved this glitter topper! I don't always go for glitter toppers which is why I only bought one out of the four advertised - but rest assured that I will be buying the other three toppers soon! I did have to fish for the mouse heads and larger hexagonal glitters since they did sink a little, but it wasn't too bad and gives a lovely polka dot effect with very little effort!

The formula for Bubble Pink is the same as Minnie Red, which is a little on the thick side. A lot of people have said that they struggle to apply this polish without getting horrible streaks - but for me personally after three coats (my normal polish routine) I don't have any streaks or problems. I definitely need a top coat for that gorgeous full, glossy effect though.
The Minnie Nail Glitter is actually pretty handy! I've seen people create their own glitter toppers with it, but I prefer to just stick them onto a plain polish. The Glitter comes in three different shapes - Mouse heads, polka dots and bows! The polka dots are especially helpful for lazy/nail art challenged people like me who want to create perfectly dotted manicures.
As you can see in the Bubble Pink  manicure - not all of the mouse heads are evenly made, and it's really easy to get polish onto the glitters when you're placing them. Also, trying to move the placed glitters will make wrinkles in your polish. :C  

For the price - I really like these polishes! I wouldn't buy them if they were over $5, but for $3 I will try to complete the set! ^.^ 

Have you princesses tried the XOXO Minnie In The Nails polishes? What did you think about them?

7 comments:

  1. Oh it looks amazing on your nails *-*
    Love the pink one!

    Milkyrabbit.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo so inspired ~ love how you design your nail arts with the minnie nail glitter! I have all four colors and till this day I still don't know how to use them... What did you use to place the glitters on your nails without having your nail polish ruined?

    ♥Kay | imladiiekay | Beauty & Lifestyle blog ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you! ;) I used an orange stick with blue tack stuck to the top to pick up the glitters and place them, but with the red polish I used a fast dry topcoat to stick them down which made it a bit hard to move them around without wrinkling the polish. On the pink set I used a regular topcoat which worked much better!

      Delete
  3. I love the Minnie Red shade. I've never tried any of the polishes but they look so cute on you! ♥

    ghostlip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous polishes at a great price! ^.^ I totally recommend them!

      Delete
  4. The pink nail colour is absolutely gorgeous!! I'll definitely have to check them both out

    xx Lizzie
    www.foxes-in-socks.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...