Thursday 12 January 2017

Review: Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Microcara

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Microcara! There are three different types of this Skinny mascara, there is a lengthening version, a volume version, and this which is the waterproof super skinny, curling version. I was so intrigued by this because I've heard so much about the Clinique bottom lash mascara and thought this may a cheaper alternative!
"Waterproof against sweat and sebum:
A coating film perfectly protects lashes against water, sweat and sebum without smudges for a long-lasting clean eyelash look.
 
Coating every last hidden lash:
A 2.5mm-diameter micro brush inspired by an interdental brush motif coats even the shortest lashes as well as both the upper and lower lashes to leave you with beautiful, natural eye makeup.
 
Even and light fitting for clean eye makeup without lumps:
The light fitting effect adds an even texture and a glamorous volume to the lashes, and helps create a cleaner eyelash look without lumps even when reapplying."(1)
This mascara comes packaged in a very plain tube. The wand however is anything but plain, it's super skinny and appears to have fibers throughout.
When I test the mascara out on my hand hair you can see that I'm able to coat quite a few hairs without hitting the skin underneath which is great.
I found that this mascara is fantastic for getting right into the root of the eyelash, and for my lower lashes. I don't personally see any curling, lengthening or added volume from this mascara, but it definitely gets all those lower lashes!
Since it is so easy to get close to the lashline I do find that I end up with mascara on the upper waterline. This can really irritate my eyes, so it's important that I wipe it off with a q-tip as soon as I notice it.
In comparison to my mascara at the moment which is the Dolly Wink Volume Mascara, the Innisfree mascara definitely looks a lot more natural. I prefer using the Dolly Wink Mascara for my upper lashes, but I think the Innisfree makes my lower lashes look so much better.
However after 8 hours this mascara doesn't hold up very well. I find that I lose a lot of length in both the upper and lower lashes and it smudges quite a lot under my eyes. In comparison to my other mascara, this doesn't have very good longevity.
What I Love
- Gets right into the root of the lash
- Coats every single lash
- Makes my lower lashes looks super long
- Inexpensive at $7USD 


What I Don't Love
- It does smudge on my lower lashes
- Flakes off upper lashes


Final Thoughts
I absolutely adore this microcara for my lower lashes, but I think for my upper lashes it falls very short. For a waterproof mascara I don't think it does a very good job considering how much it smudges on a normal day, I don't swim in make up and I really don't do sports so I didn't test this mascarsa in water. It definitely has a place in my routine because it makes my lower lashes look so long and healthy, but I very rarely use this for my upper lashes. I do wish I had a product that worked really well for my upper and lower lashes, but since I do value different aspects for both I guess I can't complain that I need two different products to do two different things really. I always reach for this mascara for my lower lashes, so it's still a must have for me! 

I would recommend the Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Microcara to any Princesses that are looking for a super skinny mascara wand that makes your lower lashes look amazing!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...