Wednesday 26 August 2015

Review: Revlon Colorstay Foundation - Buff

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about Revlon's Colorstay Foundation in the shade 150 Buff! This is the old formula, and since I purchased this they have reformulated and incorporated different formula's for Oily or Dry skin! I believe this formula best represents the new formula for Oily skin so I'm going to review it anyway! ^.^
"Longwearing coverage with Time Release Technology and a lightweight formula that won’t cake, fade, or rub off. Specifically made for combination or oily skin to control oil absorption and shine. Your look stays flawless throughout the day.

• Comfortable, shine-free finish for up to 24 hours
• 20 beautiful, longwearing shades
• Buildable to full coverage" (1)

 
This shade is much to dark for my skin, and bad news for the other Porcelain Princesses out there, the new formula is actually darker. The formula of this foundation is very thin, but super pigmented! It's quite warm in tone, but verges onto the Orange side rather than the Yellow side. It's more problematic that it's the wrong tone rather than the wrong depth, because I can't really lighten it with a white foundation because it still looks too Orange!

This foundation gives me quite good coverage, and leaves a very matte and dry finish. It has quite good oil control, remaining mostly oil free for 6 hours and only getting slightly shiny throughout my T-Zone. I love that it didn't rub or smudge, even though it was a little oily. I don't really need to set this foundation with a powder, but it does help me stay a little less oily so I powder my T-Zone like usual!

What I Love
- Medium, buildable coverage
- Remains mostly oil free throughout the day
- Matte finish, doesn't need to be powdered
- Quite smudge proof
- Large shade range - 12 shades
- Available easily throughout New Zealand


What I Don't Love
- Wrong colour for me
- Moderately expensive at $45NZD
- Not the best for drier skin (accentuates flakey skin/raised pimples)
Final Thoughts
Even though the colour of this foundation is no good for me, it has an absolutely gorgeous formula, finish and lasting power! I'm actually quite upset that the new formula is the same tone and much darker, because it just makes it that much more un-wearable for me. However I definitely adore the medium coverage, flawless smudge-proof-ness (totally not a word) and oil control that this foundation provides!

I would definitely recommend this foundation if you fit within the 12 shades they provide, you're after medium, but buildable coverage and something that will help control oily skin! I wouldn't recommend this foundation if you are very pale or very dark, or have dry skin because this did tend to accentuate any flakey dry patches on my skin. ^.^

4 comments:

  1. There is an Ivory shade in the U.S...you don't have that one in NZ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have the Ivory shade, though sadly it is cool toned/pink whereas my skin is a strong yellow shade. I was hoping I could lighten the Buff shade with a white mixer, but it's more orange than yellow. I've tried buying cool toned foundations but it just looks like I have a pink face and jaundiced body ><

      Delete
  2. The Ivory shade works perfectly for me, but I'm very pink-toned while I know that you are yellow-toned. I have the Max Factor Skin Luminiser Foundation in Porcelain and that is too yellow-toned for me. Perhaps that might work better for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you for the suggestion! I haven't seen this foundation in my local stores, but I'll make sure to hunt it down to swatch it! (:

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...