Monday 6 April 2015

Fail Product: The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about The Body Shops Camomile Gentle Eye Makep-Up Remover! I received this Make-Up Remover as part of a gift with purchase during an in-store Body Shop promotion, and I think even though this is a fail product for me, it will not necessarily a fail product for everyone!
"Soothing and non-oily, this cleanser gently removes make-up from lashes while conditioning lashes and skin around the eye area so they feel soft and silky.

• Removes eye make-up
• Leaves lashes and lids feeling soft and clean
• Fragrance and colour-free
• Suitable for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers" (1)
My first, and possibly biggest issue with this makeup remover is that it smells weird, yet it's supposed to be fragrance free! For me, it smells like yeast, and not in a pleasant way. It has a clear water-like texture, and a little definitely goes a long way! I think it has a lovely formula for sensitive eyes, or contact lens wearers like myself, because often eye makeup removers can really irritate my eyes.

I find this remover fantastic for taking off light makeup, but if I was to wear something long-wearing like Double-wear, or a water-proof mascara like in the picture below, it would take a long time to remove and still wouldn't remove absolutely everything. There is still so much mascara in the "After" photo, and I tried very hard to remove it!
  What I Love
- Inexpensive ($23.95 for 250ml)
- Doesn't irritate my eyes


What I Don't Love
- NOT Fragrance Free, smells like Yeast
- Not efficient at removing long-wearing makeup


Final Thoughts
In comparison to my other Body Shop Camomile Makeup Removers (I have both the oil version and cleansing butter), I really dislike this makeup remover - even though it was free! It smells like yeast (so weird) and doesn't remove waterproof mascara (which I'm always wearing) so it's a total fail product for me. 

However, I would say that this Makeup Remover would be great for people who face the struggle with Make-Up Removers that sting and irritate their eyes, because it is super gentle and quite affordable! ^.^

1 comment:

  1. Great review. I love hearing about body shop products bevade they have so many different ones. It's a shame that this wasn't so good at removing long lasting make up. I've just posted about the garnier micellar water which you might like to try? It's inexpensive too!

    Analesha xx
    http://lipsandbubbles.blogspot.co.nz/2015/04/garnier-micellar-water-review.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...