Friday 9 May 2014

First Impression: The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be sharing my first impression of The Body Shop's Vitamin E Moisture Cream! I've been using the Vitamin E Cleanser for a couple of months now, and wanted to try more products from the Vitamin E range, so I picked up a little tester sachet of this moisture cream!

What Does it Do?


Our bestselling daily moisturiser hydrates skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth.
  • Hydrates and protects
  • Light and easily absorbed
  • Leaves skin soft and healthy-looking
How to use
Apply to face and neck after cleansing and toning using fingertips.

Ingredients

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Isopropyl Palmitate (Emollient), Sorbitol (Humectant), Lanolin (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Cetyl Esters (Emollient), Steareth-2 (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Ceresin (Stabiliser), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Steareth-20 (Emulsifier), Carbomer (Viscosity Modifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 14700 (Colour)." (1)
This Moisture Cream smells absolutely divine, which is one of the reasons that I like this range so much, (also the packaging is pink - cute!). The Moisture Cream is a light pink gel textured cream, and you only need a little bit to cover your face as a little goes a long way! It absorbs pretty fast, but it's nothing spectacular. It feels super soft and moisturizing, but it doesn't have a very matte finish which meant I looked pretty shiny.

This cream irritated my skin like no tomorrow. I used it once at night and woke up to a minefield of itchy hivey whiteheads. I did a bit of research and found that a lot of people had the same complaint. It's such a pity because it initially felt so nice and moisturizing, but I obviously can't use this if it gives me aan allergic reaction. :C

Would I Purchase This Product?
No. It would be unwise for me to use this cream since I'm allergic to it, but if you're looking for a lovely light yet super moisturizing cream I suggest you give this cream a go! If you're unsure of the reaction your skin will have with the product, ask for a sample sachet of this product!

Have you princesses tried Vitamin E skincare before? What are your thoughts on it?

5 comments:

  1. I love the moisturizing properties of vitamin e! So sorry you had a reaction to this cream, sounds like one I'll pass on. I have tried using vitamin e in it's pure form to moisturize without unwanted additives but it was extremely thick and greasy feeling :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh where did you get pure vitamin E from?? I'm totally interested in dabbling in that!

      Delete
    2. Most Heath food stores have it in their lotion section, you can also buy vitamin e supplement capsules and just pop them open with a needle. I'm thinking about trying to make my own lotion again and adding vitamin e, that way it won't be quite so heavy as e by itself lol.

      Delete
  2. I've had so many problems with Body Shop products :( most of their moisturisers really sting my face. What in the world are they putting in them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! :S I know what you mean though - I figured that they would be a good choice for sensitive skin since I thought they were somewhat natural - yet the ingredient list on this moisturizer says differently!

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...