Thursday 16 February 2017

Review: Peripera Vivid Tint Water

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Peripera Vivid Tint Water! These little tints look so cute and they are the first products that I have ever tried from Peripera!
"Real fruit extract to give clear color with water tint
Vital real fruit color to give vivid color with one application.
Vitamin A, B and C gives healthy vital lip care.
Sweet fruit scent."(1)
These tints have super cute cardboard packaging that has pictures of the fruit on the front and even a nutrition facts section on the side. They look like little juice cartons which is incredibly adorable.
The tints themselves are housed in cute bottles shaped like juice or water bottles.
They're pretty small and squat, so are really easy to store nicely and the fit well into my handbag for touch ups. They have a doe foot applicator for precise application, but the handle of the applicator is quite small so they can be slightly awkward to apply.
There are five shades in the collection and the shade range is really nice. Since they are water tints they do feather quite a lot as you can see on my arm, so making sure there isn't too much tint on the applicator is important for a good application.
Cranberry Squeeze 
 The first shade is Cranberry Squeeze which is a beautiful fuchsia pink.
This is a really nice colour for my complexion and it has great colour payoff. This shade seemed to have the best formula of the 5 and does a good job of applying colour evenly across my lips. This shade also has a very sweet berry scent and taste.
Peach Squeeze
Peach Squeeze is a vibrant coral shade. I don't see this shade being peach at all, it almost veers into red if anything.
This shade is super vibrant, but it just doesn't stain my lips evenly. It does end up looking quite patchy when you look closely at my lips, but from far away it still looks beautiful. Peach Squeeze actually smells and tastes like Peaches too!
Apple Squeeze
Apple Squeeze is a sheer berry red shade.
This shade has a very sheer formula which makes it very different from the other 4 shades that have very vivid pigmentation. I honestly don't mind this because it still looks lovely and applies well, but it is odd that one shade is so different to the rest. This shade has a strong apple scent and taste which I love!
Grapefruit Squeeze
Grapefruit Squeeze is a neon orange shade.
Grapefruit Squeeze is so neon that you can immediately see how patchy the formula looks on my lips. The colour is beautiful, but the formula is my least favourite. This is also scented and flavoured like Grapefruit which is actually my least favourite flavour out of the 5 shades as it is quite bitter.
Plum Squeeze
Plum Squeeze is a rich red shade.
I was expecting Plum Squeeze to be much deeper and purpler in tone, whereas the colour that it actually is is a beautiful classic blue toned red. This shade is pretty good and usually applies evenly, but sometimes it can be a little patchy around the outside of my lip line. I assume this smells and tastes like plum, but for me it just smells like berries.
All in all the colour range is very beautiful, but Apple Squeeze does stand out as the least pigmented, and Grapefruit Squeeze stands out as the patchiest.
A lot of time time if I haven't done enough lip prep the applications will look more like this, there are just random patches where the product won't adhere and it can sink into my lip lines if my lips are very dehydrated too.
After a 6 hour work shift, dinner and no reapplication, this is what my lips look like. They actually last pretty well, but I tend to eat the centre of my lipstains off when I eat so this is pretty normal for me. It doesn't actually look this bad in real life, but the more vibrant colours don't wear off very gracefully without help. It is very easy to reapply the new colour after eating, so there is no issue there for me.
What I Love
- Super cute packaging
- Beautiful colour range
- Vibrant colour payoff (aside from Apple)
- Lovely scent and taste throughout the range
- Pretty good longevity
- Easy to reapply after eating
- Mostly inexpensive at about $6USD each


What I Don't Love
- Packaging can make them slightly difficult to apply
- Apple Squeeze is so sheer in comparison to the other shades
- Some formulas are quite patchy on the lips 


Final Thoughts
I think these little tints are pretty good value! They're obviously really cute, they're easy to take with you for touch ups and have a beautiful colour range. They're also the first tints I've come across that all have a different taste and scent for each colour, which adds on that little extra touch to make them stand out. I am a little disappointed in the formula of some of the shades, they just are not uniform across the range which can be quite frustrating when one colour is great and the other colour is terrible. All in all they are not bad at all and would actually make great gifts since the packaging is so unique!

I would recommend the Peripera Vivid Tint Water to any Princesses who are looking for super cute, vivid water tints! 

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Can't decide which one looks better on you! <3 What would be your favourite shade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! They reminds me of those vitamin water. Cranberry & Apple looks the prettiest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful packaging! Lovely photos ◡‿◡✿

    Do you wanna follow each other via GFC or Bloglovin? Lemme know ♥
    * Yadah Vitalizing Mask Pack *

    ReplyDelete
  4. This review was the only comprehensive overlook of the Peripera Vivid Tints I could find! This was very helpful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool review!!! It's a Korean Lip tint. I'd like to suggest you just put the tint on the middle part of the lips and gradually spread the product outward using a Q tip, your pinky finger. You can also try applying the product just a your lower lip, smacking it together with the upper lip so the product won't be patchy or too strong. Sooo jealous you have all colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review. It was helpful for me in deciding the colours i want to get. Just an opinion, but lip tints are normally better for doing gradations (inner center of the lip) not so good for colouring the entire lip since its watery it gets patchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do work very well for gradients, but they're advertised as products that can be a full lip colour or a gradient! (:

      Delete
  7. From the review this tint is really bad for me. It's better to let the tint disappear evenly not dissapear only the center of the lips. By the way, thanks for the review that help me save money.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...