Monday 13 June 2016

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Skinfood Avocado Leave In Fluid

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Skinfood Avocado Leave In Fluid! I bought this hair treatment after Fanserviced recommended it for long, dry hair, and since I have found some of my absolute favourites from her reviews, I decided to give this one a go! ^ ^

"Details
Hair lotion with avocado extracts for concentrated treatment, to provide rich, moisturizing nutrients to dry and damaged hair.

* To Use
After shampoo, apply desired amount evenly to wet hair.
More effective if sufficient amount is massaged into damaged hair before going to bed."(1)

"Purified Water, Cyclopetasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Nonoxynol-15, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Avocado Oil (200MG), Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparafin, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Polyquaternium-80, PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Carbomer, Polyquarternium-68, Disodium EDTA, Food Yellow No.4, Triathanolamine, Butylparaben, Methyl Paraben"(2)
This Leave In Fluid comes packaged in a a sturdy plastic container, which is cutely decorated like the rest of Skinfood's products. It has a pump top which only provides the tiniest amount of product, so I need to pump it a good 8-10 times to get enough product for my mane.
The Fluid itself is a pale yellow colour and is easy enough to spread out evenly through my hair, though I do require quite a lot of it!
I applied the Leave In Fluid to the photo left side of my hair and braided each side separately overnight. Once my hair has dried (which takes some time I tell you!) I really can't see or feel any difference to each side other than the side with the Leave In Fluid feeling and looking dry.
You can see that the photo right side definitely looks drier and frizzier - that's the side I used the Fluid on. I'm not exactly sure why this product doesn't work for me, but it's a no from me!


What I Love
- Inexpensive at around $5-10USD


What I Don't Love
- Makes very little difference to my hair
- Makes it slightly drier if anything
- I need to use a LOT 


Final Thoughts
I do not like this Leave In Fluid at all. It makes my hair feel and look slightly drier than when I don't use it, and although this isn't a drastic difference, it's still not a good difference to make with a product that is supposed to smooth and nourish your hair. Perhaps it would work better for Princesses with shorter, less damaged hair, but sadly I am not the one to test that out!

I guess that I would recommend this Leave In Fluid to any Princesses who have less damaged hair than mine in the hopes that it provides beautiful results for them! ^ ^ 

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I was about to say that the left side looks noticeably softer, until I read that it was the right side that had product on it >_< It's a shame that it doesn't work, I'm always only the hunt for hair products since my hair is so dry from bleaching. Thanks for sharing <3

    http://www.thewanderingkitsune.com/

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...