Monday 18 March 2013

Review: I.Fairy Star Grey Lens

Hello Lovelies!

Today I am going to be reviewing the I.Fairy Star Grey Circle Lens from Iszo!  


I bought these lenses in late November 2012 in for a friends wedding. Since I'm super indecisive, I also bought I. Fairy Aki Violet so I would be able to choose which looked best on me because I couldn't decide without trying them on >< I ended up deciding on wearing the I. Fairy Aki Violet lenses for the wedding and subsequently forgot about the Star Grey lenses until now!
I bought these from the store Iszo. These lenses were $22.00USD and Iszo offer free international shipping. Eee yay! ^^ Shipping to New Zealand can sometimes cost more than the product you're buying (which totally sucks) so it's amazing to have free shipping for once!
Diameter : 16.2mm
Base Curve : 8.6mm
Center Thickness : 0.04mm
Water Content : 55%
Lens' Lifetime : 1 Year Disposable
 And you get a gift of a free animal lens case. Kawaii! ^^
image
 Normal Light
Window Light
Flash
Originally I was super disappointed in the Star Grey lenses. They just looked super fake and didn't blend with my natural iris at all. After trying on both lenses, they grew on me a little, but only in certain photographs and lighting situations. Half the time they look great. The other half ... not so great.
Colour and design:
I feel so mean only giving these a 2/5 because they aren't terrible. But I do have to say that I don't like the design of these lenses. They don't blend with my natural iris at all and look incredibly fake. Since there is so little colour in the lens my iris is still quite dominating, which defeats the purpose of wearing coloured contact lenses since they don't change the colour of my iris, nor do that enhance the colour of my natural iris.
Enlargement: 
Having said that I dislike the colour and design, I do quite like the enlargement of these lenses. When my pupils are dilated or I'm in the shade, my pupil fills up the majority of the lens, and these can look quite flattering since they are quite large lenses (16.2mm). In this case they give a cute dolly effect. 
Comfort:  
These are pretty comfortable, so no complaints here.
Overall: 
I'm unconvinced about these lenses. One on hand, in the daylight or with a camera flash they don't look very nice at all, on the other hand at night time or with no camera flash they look super kawaii. Perhaps I will try them out at a night-time event when I know they will look good!
   
In terms of the store  Iszo, I would definitely order again from them again! (: If you are interested in trying some Circle lenses, have a look and see if anything takes your fancy. You never know what will end up looking amazing! :D

Please subscribe to my blog if you enjoyed reading this! (: It would mean the world to me.

8 comments:

  1. Those animal cases are so cute <3
    I love your blog by the way ^^
    Xo CeeCee


    http://thecrescenthour.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lens cases are soooooo adorable, and the lenses look very unique ^^
    Thanks for visiting my blog...
    I've followed you now ^^


    Have a wonderful day!!


    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, your lenses are so amazing :-)
    Very cute!
    xx

    http://pampeul.blogspot.fr
    http://youtube.com/user/pampeulblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. thxx for your comment on my blog!
    I'm following now!!
    xx chloechante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color is really very nice, but they will not blend very well with people's natural eye color. But despite their thickness density I find them quite comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...